Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

simple instructions for my flexmod p3 driver?

I have all the tools and am ready to get this flexmod p3 driver dialed in for my 445 diode. I also have the instruction sheet that came with the driver. I am having a time grasping what the hell the modulation input does and how I should connect it. I only have 2 wires coming into the driver and 2 going out. Reading the instructions on how to set the current states that I should be using this current modulation port for something.

In idiot terms can you tell me how to get this hooked up so I can set the pot for my desired current output. This driver is new to me and has a few bells and whistles that I am not familiar with.

Yep if you follow DTR's lead here it's the correct way, DTR's the man :beer:

Ok, so since I am using 2 lithiums as the power source I can just solder a jumper between M+ and the + input?

Ok, so I just used a wire to bridge the 2 together instead of the resistor. I got everything together and set it to 1.8a. After taking a reading I am only getting 1950mw. The last m140 and g2 lens setup I did made 2600mw @ 1.8a I bought both diodes from DTR at the same time. can these diodes really be that much different one to another? Should I turn up the juice to this diode? or just take it as is and be happy with it?