Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

sick ass web site though i was the only 1

i have a 1000 mw blue it takes 1 3v 18650.....just recently i put 2 3v lir123a batteries and the laser has more burn ...do u think pushen 6volts will kill my laser? thanks my name is dave....i keep breaking lasers just to improve my knowledge...stupidly spending couple hundred every week....

A 1W 445 in a 18650 host and you've never been here before.. Sounds like you bought an arctic. heh.

Welcome to LPF regardless. ;)

By the way, 18650's(and all other lithium ion batteries) are 3.6v nominal, 4.2V fully charged.. Not 3V.. Though if you do have an arctic and your running it at 6V, enjoy it while it lasts because it'll die pretty quick.. .They are fairly crappy quality lasers even when not abused.

Last edited:
A 1W 445 in a 18650 host and you've never been here before.. Sounds like you bought an arctic. heh.

Welcome to LPF regardless. ;)

By the way, 18650's(and all other lithium ion batteries) are 3.6v nominal, 4.2V fully charged.. Not 3V.. Though if you do have an arctic and your running it at 6V, enjoy it while it lasts because it'll die pretty quick.. .They are fairly crappy quality lasers even when not abused.
noway i dont waste my money on those name brands....i buy comparable japanees items and try things like batt upgrades,doiodes, what ever its a hobby..i cant win..i probly have 2500$$$ in laser parts now ive broken all of them..addive and angry when i brake em.hopefully this site helps thanks for youre awnser ....

You'll probably get some more recognition if you took time to write all your posts gramatically correctly, use punctation and you know, stuff that today l33t kids don't need... :rolleyes:

What is the exact laser you are powering with two batteries instead of one? Any pictures? Link to where you purchased it, perhaps?

Asherz

So what your saying is you spend hundreds of dollars on lasers, then replace the batteries with more powerful ones kill them and do this repeatedly as a hobby? I believe the point of gaining knowledge is to learn from mistakes and improve.

You'd be better of putting your money into building an actual project like a 7 color laser or a programmable host or something, not just blowing a load of cash on a japanese laser so you can kill them with more batteries so you can have "more burn" or "gain knowledge" just sounds stupid.

And Eudaimonium is right, take an extra 30 seconds to make your posts eligible, even if it English isn't your first language.