Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Show your art.

Kenom

I couldn't put this in media cause it's not laser related, but I figured it would be cool to share anyway.

This is my "final" for my Intro to Art class

DSC00486.jpg

Main emphasis on the drawing is 2 point perspective.  Although I should have used 3 point for the empire state building look alike in the background.

Re: Intro to Art final Drawing

Awesome drawing.

I think the perspective is great, no flaws there (maybe the not-fully filled skyscraper on the top right is kinda weird on the top, but maybe that's just me or the picture's perspective).

Did you draw it all using your mind only?

My constructive criticism: Isn't the top right of Spiderman's torax a bit weird?

Keep it up man, you're gonna do great!

Kenom

Yeah I havn't finished the empire state building look alike or the one to the right of it yet.

How do you mean the thorax looks a bit weird? He's reaching behind and in front. Just letting go of the one webline and spinning a new one.

As to the subjects, yeah it was all from my mind. Totally made up.

I marked the thorax thing I mentioned.

All from your mind, damn that's great, it's A LOT harder to draw like that instead of copying another drawing. Way to go!

Attachments

• DSC00486.jpg
    DSC00486.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 173

Great job here! I like it a lot. I think the thorax looks normal, just quite muscular.

You'll pass for sure. Don't worry, the 2-point style you chose is better than the 3-point one could be.

-Mark

Asherz

great work! I just finished my final art exam :)

He is a little thick. Spidey is a kid, not a body builder. You could enlarge the front hand some too. The head is a little small compared to the body. Did you use the egg method for his figure?

jwc

Isn't he supposed to be shooting lasers out of his eyes, too?

:)

Looks great, Kenom!

Kenom

Yeah I always draw spidey a bit too muscular.. I like venom a lot and since Venom is a body builder I have a tendency to add some more musculature onto spidey than he needs.

I do appreciate the compliments. Since it's not done, I will post a picture once I've got it finished as well as a few other drawings I've done of spidey and whatnot.

Maybe I should change the name of the thread to "SHOW YOUR ART".

I'm a graphic arist and majored in Ilustation. Unfortunatly my portfolio got mostly destroyed in a flood. My heart died that day. I had stuff from when I was a kid. I do have some stuff, nothing special in my opinion, but I'll post some soon. I hate posting my art on the internet cause it could get ripped off.

The egg method is used for bodies. You draw an egg for a head, then 2 of the same size for the chest, one for the mid drift, 2 for the hips, and 2 rows of 2 for the legs, and the same for the arms. I made you a quick diogram. With cartoon charecters you have to exagerate motion. Thats why I said a larger front hand. Your 2 hands are about equal, so you need to exagerate the front hand some. The front leg too. PM me your email address and I'll sent you some books if you want.

Last edited:
LRMNmeyer said:
Photoshop CS3.

I don't see how anyone can draw on photoshop... I guess my hand is just shaky. :p I like the cloud render in the background.

here's a pencil drawing I did in highschool, wow, I guess that was ten years ago...
hand-job-bw.jpg

and here's my attempt at inking it in photoshop... I'll remind you I was using photoshop 5.0, so everything was done manually... I never finished the metal textures, it was too tedious and a ~30mb photoshop file was a lot for my pentium 166 to handle.
hand-job-colour2c.jpg

Kenom

This is literally my first ever art class.  Never took any when I was in high school and am finally getting around to it in college.  So I've no clue about the "egg" method.  I do know spidey has to have an egg shaped head!  LOL

I suppose with art as long as you watermark it or something to make sure that the image doesn't get stolen, it'd be cool.

randomlugia said:
[quote author=LRMNmeyer link=1240978466/0#11 date=1241055656]Photoshop CS3.

I don't see how anyone can draw on photoshop... I guess my hand is just shaky. :p I like the cloud render in the background.[/quote]

I use a digital pad.

I just finished this for Dark horse...give it 15 seconds for the lightening flashes.

Last edited: