Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Should i order from wickedlasers?

wicked makes expensive garbage.

they just love to talk about there warrenty and that ur not 100% satisfied u can get a refund or replacement. what they DONT tell u is that u only have 7 days!! after that ur SOL.

then if ur button falls off they tell u to fix it yurself!

too good to be true.... - Laser Community

and this:

"cvbcbcmv

* Wicked Lasers Bouse!!!

* View gallery

* Group: Moderators
* LocationPlanet Earth
* Have you read the forum rules?:YES

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:33 AM
I was about to ask for an RMA anyways, because I would constantly get mode shifts, and the "sweet spot" on my end cap always changed. When I got it there, it went to barely a dot a second later. My 2 other lasers from O- like work well and consistently, I have kind of been disappointed in my E3, unlike my first one which was great, then that one went really down hill. "

or this:
Joe N.

* Wicked Lasers NINJA

* View gallery

* Group: Administrators
* LocationEast Coast U.S.A.

"Do not use glue, too many lasers have been ruined by customers trying to glue the button back in.
Double sided thin tape works best."

i love how jt complains about his e3 and says his o-like lasers are better, but nowadays he tells evry one that wicked is best laser company in the world!:wtf:

what a pathetic poser!

Last edited:

Jez006

Dont buy

Just another person to tell you not to buy from wicked lasers. I bought from them a couple years ago. Two months later it stopped working. They didn't even reply to emails.
Do a google search for 'paperweight' for a much cheaper alternative.

Jez

Last edited:
you can expect the package to arrive in 3+ months and a laser in it with underspec and/or a wrong color. if u want that, then you can buy a laser from wl. if u don't want that, then don't buy one. it's that simple.

you can expect the package to arrive in 3+ months and a laser in it with underspec and/or a wrong color. if u want that, then you can buy a laser from wl. if u don't want that, then don't buy one. it's that simple.
Sources:
Personal experience? :evil::evil::evil::shhh::shhh::yabbem::yabbem:

Last edited:
i think they were in stock when i order, i will inform you guys and do a review. maybe be wl really wants to turn around

joenobody

You really couldn't answer that question entirely as a whole. Are you referring to every single laser ever sold?

Those who do their homework should be able to get a good estimate on what to expect, those who don't generally don't care (just trying to be honest).

Given the fact that we advertise a range (example: 50mW-100mW), I would assume that most units meet specification. If not, please let me know.

Exactly the problem, you make a range of output so wide, any cheap junk laser would be in spec. Pay $999 for a ONE watt green, and you will get a cheasy 300-400mw one that may peak just above 500mw for just a second or two. You would consider that within spec I bet because of your new within 50% of the power guarentee.

Same goes for all your lasers now, an advertised 100mw could actually be only 45mw and you would consider that within spec? Yep, you would and I would be holding a p.o.s. laser I paid more than double I could have spent somewhere else.

NO THANK YOU.

BTY, I ordered an artic in June, (last june over a year ago) the first month availabe, waited over 8 months, with no word, nor any answer to any mail sent or calls made. Never saw my artic.

Exactly the problem, you make a range of output so wide, any cheap junk laser would be in spec. Pay $999 for a ONE watt green, and you will get a cheasy 300-400mw one that may peak just above 500mw for just a second or two. You would consider that within spec I bet because of your new within 50% of the power guarentee.

Same goes for all your lasers now, an advertised 100mw could actually be only 45mw and you would consider that within spec? Yep, you would and I would be holding a p.o.s. laser I paid more than double I could have spent somewhere else.

NO THANK YOU.

BTY, I ordered an artic in June, (last june over a year ago) the first month availabe, waited over 8 months, with no word, nor any answer to any mail sent or calls made. Never saw my artic.
You're right there m8, even a 1w review unit only put about 750mw, and remeber that is a holy review unit...
how are you supposed to convice people to buy that huh?
I find no reason except the exotic host there

Last edited:
There are many incorrect statements in there, but I'm not trying to start an argument, so I'll let you have your opinions.

Anyone who ordered and Arctic last June went through the same thing... your situation wasn't unique. You also had pre-ordered if you bought in June. Regardless, those delays are unacceptable... but sometimes difficult to avoid when 70% of orders shipped are being confiscated. If you never received your arctic, then send me your order number or name and I'll have a new one shipped out to you. Better late than never...

At this time, we are having almost zero issues with shipping lasers worldwide. Any order placed should arrive within four weeks if that item was in stock at time of purchase.

We also use a completely different database system for orders, inventory and shipping... It's like night and day compared to a year ago.

Best of all though, is that you aren't (nor anyone else) required to purchase anything from us. No reason to be bitter... just move on.

Last edited:
There are many incorrect statements in there, but I'm not trying to start an argument, so I'll let you have your opinions.

Anyone who ordered and Arctic last June went through the same thing... your situation wasn't unique. You also had pre-ordered if you bought in June. Regardless, those delays are unacceptable... but sometimes difficult to avoid when 70% of orders shipped are being confiscated. If you never received your arctic, then send me your order number or name and I'll have a new one shipped out to you. Better late than never...

At this time, we are having almost zero issues with shipping lasers worldwide. Any order placed should arrive within four weeks if that item was in stock at time of purchase.

We also use a completely different database system for orders, inventory and shipping... It's like night and day compared to a year ago.

Best of all though, is that you aren't (nor anyone else) required to purchase anything from us. No reason to be bitter... just move on.
Dan, we understand that you have a lot of work but the results we get are really frustrating.
Can't your company hire more people?

Last edited:

joenobody

At this time, we are have almost zero issues with shipping lasers worldwide. Any order placed should arrive within four weeks if that item was in stock at time of purchase.

So sorry, not bitter at all. I was just giving my honest opinion to the original posters question if we think buying from WL is a good idea, so I put in my 2 cents. I finally did get a refund via e-mail request about 4 months ago. I consider myself lucky, as I hear of others who are still waiting, or didnt get a refund, or can't get a refund because they waited too long to dispute thru paypal or their c.c. AND what was up with charging people's credit cards right away when you knew you couldn't deliver? Not only bad practice, but against the law.

But for a company to come back from such devistation, regardless of the reasons why you stumbled so, you need to do more than just say you have changed. AND making lasers with a 50% range guarentee, yet charging a premium price for the full stated power is total horse !@#$.

You won't win many, if any support from anyone on this forum under these circumstanses. Sorry, not trying to be mean, just my opinion for others information. They can come up with whatever conclusion they wish, I have made mine, and still have seen no need to even consediering changing it.

Yes, WL will still sell lasers, but mostly all to only the un-informed and/or youngsters who just want to buy into the name. But you won't sell to the ones who know ANYTHING about laser, not while operating like you are.

Sell a decent priced 200mw green, and guarentee its output to peak above that and be at least within 10% of its rated power, STABLE, after that, and AFTER an IR filter, and then maybe you could start gaining some rep back. Till then, you are just another expensively cheap laser supplier like most the rest. Except the rest are cheaper in price. And in your price ranges now, we can get lasers that output what they say, not within 50% LOL

So my answer to the poster asking should he buy a WL, my answer is still, NO WAY.

scopeguy20

You really couldn't answer that question entirely as a whole. Are you referring to every single laser ever sold?

Those who do their homework should be able to get a good estimate on what to expect, those who don't generally don't care (just trying to be honest).

Given the fact that we advertise a range (example: 50mW-100mW), I would assume that most units meet specification. If not, please let me know.
OK, here's a selection... I ordered a GB of 12 Core lasers and 14 Green E2's rated 50-100mW, plus 4 E2's in violet, and 2 E2's in red, after waiting from May to August, the E2 lasers came... 10 no end window, and about as many either not focused not TEM 00 or not > 40 mW, or with significant splash or several w/ more than one of these out of spec problems... on top of that, they were all green E2's. Also, after I related the troubles, the WL rep offered me, that they would refund the out of spec ones and have me just keep them, (for hosts?), (I kept asking for the original order to be filled or as close as possible), and after about 70 emails, the answer changed to We will give you either a E3 or a Arctic, (later an E3 no specific output, which has as yet, not come), and offered a refund and was told, "you must send back the 10 out of spec units first" ... I sent them back, and the refund followed in just a few days, but as it was over the time limit of a Paypal refund period, so, I lose the fees there, have 1/2 my E2 buyers left without the units ordered, and They, (WL), got to see how they failed on inspecting the product... Come on 50% after months, and fail totally to come up with any more units? What are we to think? I had better luck with the Core lasers, and maybe I will stay away from WL in the future... (btw, I never really wanted an Arctic, at least not as made by WL) Thanks for reading! -Glenn

Last edited:
That does sounds like a horrible experience... I can't imagine the frustration that must have caused.

My guess (and I'm hoping) is that many of those issue (if not most) were a direct result of how orders were being placed, managed, processed and shipped. Their system is extremely efficient compared to before.

Anyways...

I hope there was something you were able to gain from the whole experience (even if it was just a learning experience).

Oh, and thanks for the pics you sent over a few weeks back... very nice.