Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should i get this 250mw red laser from O-Like?

mikzip

Ourput power: >220mW is what they say, and they are usually quite honest about theres readings or ask Susie to LPM it before shipping!

Edit already answered :)

Last edited:
I just got this laser. It is a cute little laser. Nice host. Focus ring is little loose for my taste. Beam is barely visible since its red but you can see it in dark room or outside at night... but barely. It burns pretty nicely. When focused right, it can burn though those black blank CD racks in 8 seconds and lights black matches instantly. Just wish it was little brighter.

The laser is fine. Get it and you'll be satisfied. Susie will make sure it is at least the rated power.

Also grab some laser goggles as well since 250mW is heaps of power. The goggles O-like sells seem to fine for me

The laser will most likely be in spec.

I do have to WARN about the goggles though.

Red laser safety goggles/590-780nm protective goggles [OLRLG650] - $14.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

The claim is that they are >OD 5.

I can't test them, since I don't have any other goggles for 650nm, but in comparing them to the results I get from decent 532nm goggles, they don't seem to do much at all.

Completely defocused, to the size of a beach ball, I can't see the spot from 200mW of 532nm through eagle pair goggles.

Completely defocused the same way, I can still see the huge red spot perfectly through the o-like goggles.

Hmm your goggles sound worse than mine. But still just to reiterate

I retract my statement. Do not buy O-Like goggles. They are not good protection

Last edited:
Ok the olike glasses for the red laser from them don't do well at all the beam passes right through them!!