Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should I even consider buying from O-like?

So someone recommended me O-like.com for cheap lasers, but I've never ordered from them in my entire life. I don't know if they're a cheap scam or what...I tried ordering but there's no way to checkout, contacted them about that. I found a <100mW green laser for only $45.99 and $6 standard shipping.

Should I order from them or just keep my 52 dollars? If anyone here knows

So someone recommended me O-like.com for cheap lasers, but I've never ordered from them in my entire life. I don't know if they're a cheap scam or what...I tried ordering but there's no way to checkout, contacted them about that. I found a <100mW green laser for only $45.99 and $6 standard shipping.

Should I order from them or just keep my 52 dollars? If anyone here knows

O-like is kind of iffy.

Their reputation has vacillated somewhat over the years from what I understand, but, from what I know, typically the lasers are on (or at least very close to) par.

I would recommend O-like if you're looking for a starter laser, as they're cheap and mostly reliable. Do you have a link to the one you have in mind?

Reactions: Sta

Sta

Welcome to the forum.

I think I may have been that person who recommended o-like to you! I'd say O-like is a bit of a middle ground between cheap eBay lasers and quality companies like JetLasers and Sanwu. They are not the highest quality out there but definitely not a scam. And I was able to get to checkout just fine. :beer:

Edit: ninja'd! H2Oxide is correct on all counts. :)

Last edited:
I have used O-Like. They deliver products. Whether those products are the power advertised, I don't know. I was pleased with my 5mw 638nm pen and would be glad to order from them in the future though.

O-Like is not a scam company, and they are also not a mass warehouse type reseller, that just buys junk lasers in bulk and resells them. They do actually specialize in more budget type lasers, parts, etc,. and have the means to test output and make alterations, like for example adding in an IR filter.

IMO they get somewhat of a bad rep for difficult/terse communication due to language and culture barrier, and also due to being somewhat slow. If you're willing to potentially put up with a bit of hassle in the event of problems, they are one of the best places to order from.

Some people are turned off from O-like because their website appears that the checkout feature doesn't work. You just have to send an email to o-like@live.cn with your paypal email and they'll send you an invoice.