Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

should.I charge my 16340 first or discharge it completely first?

Just bought 2x 16340 and idk whether to charge it before using or use it until flat and then charge it? The answers are mixed on google so I had to come here.

Last edited:

DrSid

Charge them first. Li-ions handle repeated recharges better then deep discharges. Discharge first was a rule with Ni-MH or Ni-Cd cells.

How long should the first charge be and should I discharge the battery completely before charging after the first few charge?

How long should the first charge be and should I discharge the battery completely before charging after the first few charge?

Charge until the battery is full...:tinfoil:

Hint: For your other question read the answers already given. :tired:

Once your Li-ion reaches ~4.1 vdc unless you have a 'smart' or 'intelligent' charger ( the more 'spendy' ones) remove them/it from the charger- NEVER 'store' Li_ions in a charger.
it sounds like you have no meter or even a battery checker- The Li-ions I sell arrived fairly close to fully charged.

Mine are not cheap because they are high quality Li_ions,, Also , at least for now, the current regs BAN the use of USPS for shipping... thus I am forced to either lie to my friends at my local PO ( which I am not comfortable doing) or use Fed Ex which at the very least is around 2-3 $ more. Fed Ex has one rate for any package one pound or less ~$7.50
so buying just a few batteries is going to cost more per battery than if you ordered a pound of them. The only way around these regs it to send Li-ions inside the intended devices- I was told that cell phone batteries cannot be mailed unless they are inside cell phones.
SO I can send you some, if you want, via USPS as long as you buy the lasers too. China battery sellers will still use EMS or HongKong post which becomes USPS once they are here ....but I will not-- its not like the 'batterty' police are going to china to arrest them.BUT.. .what happens in USA if these new regs are ignored is something I do not intend to find out the hard way..

....I am currently preparing to ship 14 16650s ( for Ti-B JLs) to CT and that will cost my buyer ~$ 8.50 for Fed Ex ground.
they weight 1~.5 pounds.

capeche?

hak

Last edited:
Once your Li-ion reaches ~4.1 vdc unless you have a 'smart' or 'intelligent' charger ( the more 'spendy' ones) remove them/it from the charger- NEVER 'store' Li_ions in a charger.
it sounds like you have no meter or even a battery checker- The Li-ions I sell arrived fairly close to fully charged.

Mine are not cheap because they are high quality Li_ions,, Also , at least for now, the current regs BAN the use of USPS for shipping... thus I am forced to either lie to my friends at my local PO ( which I am not comfortable doing) or use Fed Ex which at the very least is around 2-3 $ more. Fed Ex has one rate for any package one pound or less ~$7.50
so buying just a few batteries is going to cost more per battery than if you ordered a pound of them. The only way around these regs it to send Li-ions inside the intended devices- I was told that cell phone batteries cannot be mailed unless they are inside cell phones.
SO I can send you some, if you want, via USPS as long as you buy the lasers too. China battery sellers will still use EMS or HongKong post which becomes USPS once they are here ....but I will not-- its not like the 'batterty' police are going to china to arrest them.BUT.. .what happens in USA if these new regs are ignored is something I do not intend to find out the hard way..

....I am currently preparing to ship 14 16650s ( for Ti-B JLs) to CT and that will cost my buyer ~$ 8.50 for Fed Ex ground.
they weight 1~.5 pounds.

capeche?

hak
Actually I'm looking for a 200-500mw 445-473nm laser

Last edited:
cant you find them locally?
do you know how much a 200-500 mW 473 will cost??
try more than 500$
just a 30mW will cost more than $100

you can ask Gray to sell you one- shipping to you is less than $30
JETLASERS.org- tell Gray or Carol that Len(hakzaw1) sent you and ask for the Forum discount.

They have very nice PL-Es( 1W and above) which, of course are NOT 473nm - but 445 nm

BUT JL does not sell any cheap lasers.