Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should i buy this 180mw red laser torch?

first off who are you -lol
those are yes a burning red laser -eyes included
be very carefull instant permanant damage to your eyes can occur

I don't think the laser you chose is able to burn :/
But this, this my friend looks like a real burner! Rayfoss
Title says it's a "focusable" 200 mW red laser. I assume it can light matches, pop balloons, etc.
Anybody have more info on these lasers? Can they be focused to burn?

sorry i have one more question.. ive decided on http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=971 , since it comes with the battery, will it get passed customs?

I cannot tell that, sorry. I haven't had any problems with customs in Greece( where I live ). Therefore, I can't help you with this. Just wait until somebody posts a reply. Bedtime! Oh, and that laser is a badass burner! One of the best out there ;)

Well i was going to order one but what i heard u can do is ask o-like to ship batteries seperatley so they don't get taken by customs and its only 4 more dollars.

Jaseth

Good choice on the laser, that one is a great burner for the price!
O-like have good customer support and you can ask them to ship the batteries seperately, take off the warning label or something similar so the risk of customs taking it is minimal.
Customs mainly look for packages from DX to confiscate, and they usually go for pen-style lasers.

Edit: "Torch" means that it is a bigger laser and NOT a pen-style laser.. this tends to mean that it is focusable, has better heatsinking, is more sturdy, has a tailcap clickie rather than a momentary side-button, etc. etc.

Seb