Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should I buy from stonetek?

I see that SenKat is an ex-member and I have read a few posts where people are waiting for orders

Is it a risk buying from him now, it all seams very dodgey and I'm not sure whether to pay him...

Actually I bought mine from Stonetek and got it. And then once I got my laser working I left this forum for a few months and then when I got back I realised SenKat isn't here anymore. What happened?

How is SenKat and Stonetek related? Does he work for them?

The order I placed arrived in great condition in 2 days.

He was great to deal with and provided fast service and quality products.

SN

cyclonite said:
Actually I bought mine from Stonetek and got it. And then once I got my laser working I left this forum for a few months and then when I got back I realised SenKat isn't here anymore. What happened?

How is SenKat and Stonetek related? Does he work for them?

I thought stonetek and SenKat were related but maybe a misread; I only joined 2day so i'm playing catchup

Yeah when I placed my order for my SenKat GB diode I was pointed to the Stonetek site.

chido

If you want to know why Senkat left pm c0ld, this forum has had enough drama as it is.
As for stonetek I wouldn't recommend buying any diodes for the time being, apperently senkat's distributer sent him a bad batch of diodes which can't handle the same currents the old diodes from the group buy from last year could. Just wait some time and I'm sure Senkat will get things straightened out. :)

thanks, that clears it up I just had no idea what was going on.

I think I will wait for a bit until the diodes get fixed.

ty

Ifrgtmyname:

Do you have a driver circuit already? If not, check the 'Experiments & Modifications' section for the now famous DDL driver circuit. You can easily make those youself and if you need the components you can PM me and I can try to help you obtain them.

Cheers.

Kenom

Well, the good news is in. Greg,(senkat) has got another order of diodes inbound and he was assured that they were what we wanted.

Gazoo

That is really good news Kenom. Thanks for the update...I knew Greg would take care of it.. ;)

yea i would always buy from senkat/stonetek he offers quality and power diodes nothing dodgy about it