Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sellers website description under their name

Do it?

• No, I don't think this would be helpful (say why).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I believe that with the amount of sellers we have we could do the following to identify them:

Modify their 'Class X Laser' to their website 'www.xyzwtr.com' (example, of course).

This way we not only identify sellers correctly but also prevent spam and misinformation (we create an official voice for each company/seller) while welcoming new sellers at the same time.

If everyone agrees we could just PM c0ld whenever we see a new seller to have him modify the seller's description to show their website in order to make this happen in a timely manner (this is because this idea isn't included in the official rules of the forum and thus newcomers can't know about this).

Sounds like a good idea to me, that way we would know who is afiliated with which ever company they represent. :beer:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
im 100% good with this=)

email me atarasov at hushmail dawt c0m w/ ur requests=)

peace
-ave

awesome. one my website is up i will be sure to send you that email.

jayrob

I believe that with the amount of sellers we have we could do the following to identify them:

Modify their 'Class X Laser' to their website 'www.xyzwtr.com' (example, of course).

This way we not only identify sellers correctly but also prevent spam and misinformation (we create an official voice for each company/seller) while welcoming new sellers at the same time.

If everyone agrees we could just PM c0ld whenever we see a new seller to have him modify the seller's description to show their website in order to make this happen in a timely manner (this is because this idea isn't included in the official rules of the forum and thus newcomers can't know about this).

I'm different though... In that I don't want to direct people to a separate web site. But just to my list of kits here on LPF...

So I would rather just leave my banner in my sig...

That points to my LPF list of kits. I would not want my other stuff changed...

I'm different though... In that I don't want to direct people to a separate web site. But just to my list of kits here on LPF...

So I would rather just leave my banner in my sig...

That points to my LPF list of kits. I would not want my other stuff changed...

Jay, actually I meant website sellers such as rayfoss (Faona), o-like (Susie), John (priceangels), etc.

I came up with a similar idea a while back, but it was shot down badly.

I see why you're posting this but it's clearly not the same, there wasn't a well stated action to be taken with the idea in question. This is to identify them, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, thanks for voting, I see your vote hasn't been affected by what I said back then.

^^^^ words always come back to bite us LoL.

Leave the trolling to old master TJ ^, plox. This isn't for me, it's for the forum.

Also, you are welcome to vote against the idea and provide your own views. If you've got nothing insightful to say and don't want to vote... why come here? ;)

since when is making a joke considered trolling... thats the craziest thing i've ever read. the term troll get thrown around way too easily around here.

michael.

since when is making a joke considered trolling... thats the craziest thing i've ever read. the term troll get thrown around way too easily around here.

michael.

You're right. I was agreeing ixfd64 . I dont think its any different.

A troll plays games. Like Wes, he was the classic troll. I dont play games. I do troll once in awhile, but its so obvious, you can see its a joke, Making someone mad over a contradicting opinion is not a troll. Its a debate. This is an intellectual conversation. If you dont share the negative view point, prove that person wrong. Dont just call it a troll, and dismiss it.