Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

sellers beware: OLIVIER GAGNI

avoid this buyer at all costs. he ordered from modwerx on nov 8 and i shipped his package on nov 9. after a week or two he sent me an email saying he hadnt received the package and i reasured him that it had been shipped. a few days later he enteres a paypal dispute and paypal awards him a transaction reversal b/c the "tracking" didnt say it was "delivered" even though it did show that it had left my hands and was processed through a sort facility. i will be looking for another means of taking payments on my website needless to say. im tired of getting screwed by paypal and scumbag scammers.

heres some info in case any of you want to have some fun...

Olivier Gangi
82 Rue Sainte
3 et
MARSEILLE
France

ogpp13@wanadoo.fr

P.S. THERE IS NO TRACKING FOR FIRST CLASS PACKAGES. SELLERS COVER YOUR ASS WHEN SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY!!

Wow. That stinks. I dont understand why people do these thing. Are they sick in the head or something.:mad:'

I hope they get reality check buy some one that can actually do something to them in real life. They probably would steel from there own loved ones if they had a chance.:scowl: Sick People in this world.

Hope you dint take that big of a Hit.

"tracking" didnt say it was "delivered" even though it did show that it had left my hands and was processed through a sort facility.

If it wasn't delivered, then why should he have to pay for it?? Not trying to be an ass, but if it got lost in the mail, then thats the businesses responsibility. Right? It sucks on your part, but I would not call this a scam, or have him blacklisted.

The kid didnt get his shit, what do you want him to do?

If it wasn't delivered, then why should he have to pay for it?? Not trying to be an ass, but if it got lost in the mail, then thats the businesses responsibility. Right? It sucks on your part, but I would not call this a scam, or have him blacklisted.

The kid didnt get his shit, what do you want him to do?

I think it's more that he immediately jumped to a Paypal dispute rather than waiting a bit for it to be resolved. Sellers will often reship if the package does end up lost, and if they refuse, then is the time to file the dispute. In this case, however, it seems like the buyer just jumped to the dispute without working it out with the seller first. I wouldn't be surprised if the package still did arrive in the end, had he been more patient.

As for tracking, international packages can be tracked if you purchase registered airmail rather than just first class.

Last edited:
I agree BB. Paypal should have let more time pass before making up their mind.

Shipping to France is usually a bit slow due to poor economic conditions and the weather.

Int'l tracking is irrelevant for CYA, except to maybe prove YOUR good faith to paypal. If an overseas buyer disputes and sticks to their guns they will get their money back, and you will loose the money, item, and cost of posting it. As an added bonus, if too many of these disputes happen at one time you will get your PP account frozen.

I am becoming more and more concerned with Paypal's actions in situations such as these. Paypal have often publicized their policy.....if you have proof that you have shipped the item, then you (the seller) are safe. If the other guy hadn't received his parcel, then that's what postal insurance is for. As a buyer, if I choose not to insure my goods, then once they leave the seller's hands I have to accept the risks.
It seems that Paypal has a system where the seller has no rights......that's not right!!!
Is Paypal answerable to any consumer body, or are they above any ethical standards or acceptable business practices?
I feel frustrated for ndrew2505 because he did the right thing and got screwed.

I agree BB. Paypal should have let more time pass before making up their mind.

I have a stinking suspicion that even if they had waited, the result would have been the same. Paypal doesn't accept anything short of online delivery confirmation, and first class international doesn't have that, which may be why they arbitrated so quickly.

It sucks. I remember one time I sent back some broken thing to an eBay seller to get my money back, and naively believed that the insurance on the package and its "tracking" would also mean it would be put online (from what I read on the site). Well it wasn't, and the seller would not acknowledge he received the package, despite the fact that I knew it arrived and that he signed for it because I got a copy of the print-out from the post office. In the end, Paypal wouldn't accept anything less than online delivery confirmation, even if the USPS would've faxed that info to them directly. $650 down the drain and I learned my lesson from that.

I have a stinking suspicion that even if they had waited, the result would have been the same. Paypal doesn't accept anything short of online delivery confirmation, and first class international doesn't have that, which may be why they arbitrated so quickly.

It sucks. I remember one time I sent back some broken thing to an eBay seller to get my money back, and naively believed that the insurance on the package and its "tracking" would also mean it would be put online (from what I read on the site). Well it wasn't, and the seller would not acknowledge he received the package, despite the fact that I knew it arrived and that he signed for it because I got a copy of the print-out from the post office. In the end, Paypal wouldn't accept anything less than online delivery confirmation, even if the USPS would've faxed that info to them directly. $650 down the drain and I learned my lesson from that.
exactly what you said BB.. now im out 100$ and cant and wont offer first class shipping to customers anymore. i did it to help people save money but i no longer offer it as a service. if i get anymore disputes ill remove priority intl as a shipping service and use only EMS or UPS.