Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SELEM 2015 whos going.

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16589

Hey guys as many of yall know selem 2015 is next month was wondering who all was going this year.
Im hoping to come this year for my 6th straight year in a row.

For those who don't know what it is SELEM is the South Eastern Laser Enthusiast Meet held in Newton North Carolina every year.
Laser

Here is a few videos

Now selem is a PL event but there are usually LPFers there.

The admission is $100.
SELEM 9 - August 12-16th 2015 - Sign up now!!

Going with my wife again.

This makes 4 or 5 - can't remember exactly.

I'm hoping someone there can show me how to align a cheapish China RGB module that was sent and not well aligned.

Otherwise its my one chance a year to just chill and do nothing :)

D

Deleted member 16589

My plans for Selem this year are to ride down with a member and take greyhound home.
that being said i most likely am not bringing anything this year :(.

I'll be coming again this year.
I didn't have anything to sell last year and I probably won't this year either, unless someone wants a bunch of cheap diffraction gratings;D

D

Deleted member 16589

I'll be coming again this year.
I didn't have anything to sell last year and I probably won't this year either, unless someone wants a bunch of cheap diffraction gratings;D

Can you bring that 450nm: 94mW laserBtB this year I wanna compare those single mode diodes to the ones I'm selling.

D

Deleted member 16589

Anyone wanna share a suite to save money if we fill a suite its IIRC like $30 a head per night.
:D 1 month away now.

Edit: someone please bring a 462nm laser :D :D I have yet to see one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going with my wife again.

This makes 4 or 5 - can't remember exactly.

I'm hoping someone there can show me how to align a cheapish China RGB module that was sent and not well aligned.

Otherwise its my one chance a year to just chill and do nothing :)

One of the small brick looking ones? Small enough to fit in your hand, and have the driver on top? If so, good luck my friend- the dichros are glued in place and the modules adjust by a few screws- real hard to finely adjust in any way without majorly skewing the whole thing.

GR3EN

Wish I could go. Looks awesome. Too bad I don't get any time off of work for a while

One of the small brick looking ones? Small enough to fit in your hand, and have the driver on top? If so, good luck my friend- the dichros are glued in place and the modules adjust by a few screws- real hard to finely adjust in any way without majorly skewing the whole thing.

That's the one. They swapped what I ordered with this unit.

I'm only going to use for lumia, so its not a major issue. but at 15' the red is about a 1/2" off of center. I'd really like to align but the seller was less than worthless in getting the right one or in giving instructions on alignment.

Only good thing was, I received one that is 500mw, I ordered a 300mw. But what I ordered had 635 diodes, this one is 650 diodes.

So even though the red is twice the power, it is about the same brightness as the 635s would have been.

Thanks for the info.

I wish I could go. Only problem is that I'm under eighteen and I would have to fly over a whole ocean. Don't see that happening soon :D
Now if someone would organize a West European LEM.. That would be different

D

Deleted member 16589

I wish I could go. Only problem is that I'm under eighteen and I would have to fly over a whole ocean. Don't see that happening soon :D

we had a guy from The Netherlands come before. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

diachi

There is a UKLEM at least twice a year. There is usually someone at it from Holland every year too. :D Failing that, the dutch guys sometimes have get-togethers too.

we had a guy from The Netherlands come before. :D

Was it Pieterjan or Dimitri by any chance? :p