Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SELEM 2013 PICS and VIDS

The videos are currently uploading. I have 3 videos of the krypton, 2 are us getting the 676 krypton line. the 3rd is an 11 minute video of Dr. Sam fiddling with the external cavity, and then a room of about 5 of us talking back and forth. I will make a voice-person chart showing the time you hear them for the first and second time, and who it is. I figure you can get it after that.

I have a few videos of club SELEM, but I talked to Mario, the DJ, during the event. He said none of his music was out, and he said he'd give me a track I really liked, but not to release it. So I am waiting on permission from him before I post those vids, don't want to do anything against him since I believe I was filming during his set.

Now the pictures! I have a good bit from the club, a lot from the graphics room, a couple of the krypton, one of a great gentleman that had the balls to let me control his 12W blues for an hour in the club ;), and one very special to me :)

ojs5.jpg

xtro.jpg

vial.jpg

nhsx.jpg

6yzi.jpg

j7k1.jpg

What wonderful gentleman! Let me handle the 2 blues in ClubSELEM for about an hour. Second time using a PJ, first time was a couple hours prior, ha. Had an awesome time! I am told there's a video of me at work, but I sure hope now. Doubt I was good enough to brag and post about :p

gf5k.jpg

k78e.jpg

rn07.jpg

dfha.jpg

c0jc.jpg

2art.jpg

ej7h.jpg

buiv.jpg

Here we are doing some awesome work with MarioMasters single line 647nm krypton ion. First it was a matter of trying to get a stable external cavity using the HR from a standard 632.8nm HeNe. Then we decided to try to align it to try to get a stable 676nm line. We got it coming in and out. With a stable setup, and some yellow or green optics, we knows what we could have done.
7cs0.jpg

Extended external cavity. This is with no fog in the air, just raw internal power. Just look at that red!! No exposure either, done with my iphone. The brightness of that red was devastating, and it was a blast to work on the alignment. Good practice ;)
4zmg.jpg

And signed by the one and only. It was wonderful finally meeting him in person. No words can describe how invigorating the experience was, and how inspiring it was. I only wish it lasted longer. Thank God for email :rolleyes:
j6kv.jpg

Last edited:

DJNY

Ah wish I was there!!

Great pics, can´t wait for the vids.

Videos:

First one is our attempts at getting it aligned, second is it pretty much good, third is the 10:18 commentary with Dr. Sam playing with the krypton in the background...and now I need sleep.

Commentary voice legend:
00:01 - Jake "Photons"
00:05 - Dr. Sam "Well.meehh..."
00:08 - Bloompyle "This part.."
00:12 - Dr. Sam "Reflecting"
00:15 - Jake "back through the tube"
00:21 - Bloompyle "it's not it's *something*"
00:32 - Jeff "cavity length"
00:54 - Mariomaster "Better divergence..."
01:12 - Jeff "Now Sam..."
03:09 - Mariomaster "Pointing towards you.."

Great pics. I'll have to check the videos after work tomorrow. You're lucky you can fly out of OMA for things like that. Flying out of our podunk airport is usually at least 50% more. Some day I'll get to go. Next year is probably not going to happen unless I manage to get moved this fall but 2015 is looking quite favorable.

Spooky

And signed by the one and only. It was wonderful finally meeting him in person. No words can describe how invigorating the experience was, and how inspiring it was. I only wish it lasted longer.

Even among industrial laser users Sam is a legend, looks like you had a great time Sean :)

cheers

Dave

is nice to realize how much light is bouncing back n forth inside the laser, even if what we see outside is only a watt or two :eg:

I wish I knew who some of those faces are by lpf name if applicable

Fried

Looks sick. Too bad ive never seen a laser show. Maybe someday

ARG

Ahh perfect. Man I really need to make it next year.

I've been saying that for the past two years. Would've gone sooner if I wasn't on the wrong side of the continent, and across a border. :)