Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Security

I know my sister-in-law stole my digital camera from my room (I have proof). Now i think she stole my usb from my work table (no proof yet). Anyway my mum and I have had enough, my dad on the other hand just wants the family to stay together and wont let me tell anyone. My mum is going to buy me a safe to put all my stuff in when im not at home or when im not at my work table. I am also going to install a secret pinhole camera over my lamp (I know where to hide it and where i will put the wires). What I don't know is how to record video with it... Whats the easiest, cheapest and most undetectable way to record video with a pinhole camera. I dont have the pinhole camera or anything i need yet.
Thanks in advance. Hope nothing else gets "stolen" before I get the safe and install my pinhole camera.

do you have an attic above your room? if so you could just get an old VCR and set it up, or use a junky PC and a TV capture card

those would be the cheapest options that I could think of, otherwise you might be able to find a small flash based video recorder off the internet somewhere

Damn i think my dad threw out the VCR not long ago... I havent seen one in the shops for ages either:'(

check garage sales, this past weekend I got one that was so old the belts didn't operate properly anymore ;D (good for electronics components tho)

sounds like she needs a good old fashoned a$$ whipping
by another woman of course .............................................

If you have a PC and a webcam, you can just download a recording software that has motion trigger feature. I'm sure there are a few such software out there for download.

john_lawson said:
sounds like she needs a good old fashoned  a$$ whipping
by another woman of course .............................................
that other woman should be my mum... my mum hates her also.

thanks for the replies everyone. ill try using a recording software with my pc if i cant find a vcr.

She's stealing your stuff? Man, that's so low...

Rig up a laser defense system :) Have a little laser trip sensor at your door, and as soon as she walks through it a fog machine switches on and 100 red and green beams flash out crisscrossing your room.

She'd think twice then :D

Murudai said:
She's stealing your stuff? Man, that's so low...

Rig up a laser defense system :) Have a little laser trip sensor at your door, and as soon as she walks through it a fog machine switches on and 100 red and green beams flash out crisscrossing your room.

She'd think twice then  :D
I might just do that ;D where can I buy little sensors? I remember Kipkay's video "protect your home with lasers" that might help out if I get stuck! ;)

freshert said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1213199754/0#8 date=1213349726]She's stealing your stuff? Man, that's so low...

She'd think twice then :D
I might just do that ;D where can I buy little sensors? I remember Kipkay's video "protect your home with lasers" that might help out if I get stuck! ;)[/quote]

I think he used maglite lasers in that video...... LOL

sorry to hear you are having issues like that - one good option is a locking doorknob. They have ones in hardware stores over here for close to $100 that have an electronic lock on them - you can enter in digits 0-9 on the keypad in almost any combination - it would take a LONG time for someone to figure out, plus the doorknob BEEPS every time you hit the button :) I have one on the front door of my house (Deadlock) since my kids used to lose housekeys frequently....it works GREAT, and they make them for inside doors, too. Takes 4 AA batteries, and has two keys to manually unlock it.
If you are truly interested in getting one of those, and cannot find one over there across the pond - you pay for the lock, and shipping, and It'll be sent as a "birthday present" to you :)

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=freshert link=1213199754/0#10 date=1213362200][quote author=Murudai link=1213199754/0#8 date=1213349726]She's stealing your stuff? Man, that's so low...

She'd think twice then  :D
I might just do that  ;D where can I buy little sensors? I remember Kipkay's video "protect your home with lasers" that might help out if I get stuck! ;)[/quote]

I think he used maglite lasers in that video...... LOL

sorry to hear you are having issues like that - one good option is a locking doorknob.  They have ones in hardware stores over here for close to $100 that have an electronic lock on them - you can enter in digits 0-9 on the keypad in almost any combination - it would take a LONG time for someone to figure out, plus the doorknob BEEPS every time you hit the button :)  I have one on the front door of my house (Deadlock) since my kids used to lose housekeys frequently....it works GREAT, and they make them for inside doors, too.  Takes 4 AA batteries, and has two keys to manually unlock it.
If you are truly interested in getting one of those, and cannot find one over there across the pond - you pay for the lock, and shipping, and It'll be sent as a "birthday present" to you :)[/quote]
I wish I could give you the money to buy one for me but remember, my dad wants the family to stay together and wont let me install one even if I buy it. Me installing it would be a DON'T GO IN MY ROOM message to my sister in law and my brother would think that I hate his wife. My dad would also be pissed at me, and I mean he gets really pissed... As long as my lasers don't get stolen and my other collectors items don't get stolen ill be fine. I already have a key lock on my door but I just can't be stuffed locking it and opening it 24/7. And the other problem is that my work table isn't in my room (it cant fit in there) and I tend to leave my stuff on there. You know what my dad tells me to do? He tells me when I go away from the work table to do something else, I have to take anything worth a lot of money into my room and lock it. Thats a lot of stuff... :'(

I feel for you - my Brother went through problems like that with his sister-in-law....it's really tough having a clepto, or someone who just doesn't care in the house with you. Lock your stuff up as best you can - but I don't see how filming the theft will help - especially when your Dad won't do anything about the current issues.

I say the a$$ whooping has to be from a full sized man.

Want me to send Chuck?

Oh, and there should be some spy cameras on DX...

SenKat_Stonetek said:
I feel for you - my Brother went through problems like that with his sister-in-law....it's really tough having a clepto, or someone who just doesn't care in the house with you.  Lock your stuff up as best you can - but I don't see how filming the theft will help - especially when your Dad won't do anything about the current issues.
I want to know how she steals stuff and what she steals. I could ask her for my stuff back saying that i saw her take it and it was a very funny joke.