Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Second homemade laser

I think I would like to eventually, right now I'm just trying to get more experience on a lathe and I would like to find a more attractive design. I'm going to make another host today.

Looks nice! What size battery does it use? Looks like a nice, small, slim host, but at the same time it looks to have fairly good heatsinking

zKEktIul.jpg

Made a new one today
dvQxgdMl.jpg

37tS14tl.jpg

Last edited:
I should be making a bunch more soon with some pretty awesome patterns.

My work just got a 4 axis cnc mill :)

I'm leaning towards some long spiral patters down the length while keeping the slots that parallel with the long length of the body.

that looks AWESOME! Looks like a Kryton Groove host mixed with your own unique idea- I don't know if you have seen a Kryton Groove before, just google image search "kryton groove". If you pick a few (or many!) designs and start manufacturing them regularly, you could sell through the forums here, or start your own online web store- there are only a few members here who make custom hosts, there is certainly room here for another!

WOW! Those anodizing jobs are beutiful. I have never seen any of those hosts before, but now I know I definitely want to anodize mine.

I won't mess with the ones I have made, but I will on some new ones. I need to get some anodizing materials again... all of mine are 800 miles away at my home.