Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[SEARCHING] Maglite Laser Hack

Dragon

Hi, I look for somebody who can do me this Laserhack:
youtube.com/watch?v=0sH0muQnKWQ

or another better one which cost approximately like this.

I've got an Maglite, which i can send to you, the "worker" must then buy the laser diode (of the 16x dvd burner) and the laser housing. I also give money for making the Hack and surely i pay the shipping prices.

If anyone want to do this, please reply me per Mail

T.Hoffert@gmx.de
or per ICQ: 437930379

Thanks
Dragon

Gazoo

Bad idea... ::) For a long lasting laser forget the maglite and look around for other options...there are people selling red lasers ready to go in flashlight housings..but not the maglite.

Dragon

okay, is there anyone who has another laser ready to go?

@Rhith: Your possibility is good, I answered you per Mail ;)

Kenom

I also sell red lasers in the 150-170mw range.

dsc00300au5.jpg

Rhith

Well I don't want to undermine Kenom by trying to set a price for building lasers. I believe his are about $150 USD but include further regulation, a heatsink and he provides a three month warranty. His would over all be a higher quality then those that I would make but the cost is also higher. I also do not want to try and set a price since I do not have any money to expend to get the parts needed to create the lasers before selling them.

Dragon

on this website: sales.stonetek.org/dj.html

is the laser for sale. But what is the difference between the $30 and the $60 version and why they're so cheap, if you say yours cost $150?

Hi okay so I made a thread about this but noone even looked at it:

I used a DMM to find that minimags give out about 3 amps of current, way too much. A 10 ohm resistor brings it down to 280mA, and we also get a VERY hot resistor.

Will 280mA fry the LD?

Will the resistor fry itself?

Possible solutions?

amk

Rhith

Well you can do things such as that to drop the current but you will have very minimal space to do it within a minimag.
And the reason the cost is so high is because of this:
Dorcy Mini - $30
Diode - $20
Module - $6
Other Parts - $5
Heatsink - $20-30
Labor and Warranty - Lots more. ;)

Dragon

but why is there a solution ready to buy for $30 on this website?

And yours: is there a better burning average? Can it pop a ballon, melt plastic or burn a paper?
How long life the diode?

Kenom

the one's I sell do include all the things rhith said.  The things your seeing on stonetek are just the parts.  Not assembled.  If you wanna buy from me PM me.  I sell them for $130 Mine average output power of 150mw - 170mw and can do all of the burning stuffs.

im so sorry this is off topic, but how do you drop current? with a resistor? Pot? Cap?

sorry,

amk

drill spot has dory minis for 18 bucks, and BTW, senkats dorcy's come pre assembled with a diode?? I thought it was only the flashlight...