Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scored a 20mhz dual trace w/probes for $54

vk2fro

For those of you who are technically minded and play with electronics, once you get into more in depth circuits, a scope is invaluable. I just scored this hitachi one from my radio club for $30, along with $24 for 2 sets of probes. Pretty pleased, it works well, having just tested it with one of my oscillators, and a radio's 455khz IF.

Talk about a steal - a few other members got them as well.

All I need to buy now is a frequency counter and a signal generator and I'll have the full test setup for both radio and laser stuff.

2r6chow.jpg

oh yeah it does need a good clean LOL (ex university gear!)

vk2fro

It will come in ultra handy for tracing audio paths on a sound card for building my argon laser show's DAC unit. I will try to get the best USB soundcard to use with my mini laptop + spaghetti. So probably not the DX one, therefore I'll need to use the scope to trace the signal back to a cap.

You can't go wrong owning a Scope....
And you got one he!! of a deal...

Jerry

jwc

That's a great buy. I bought a little Tektronix 335 off of eBay last year for about $50 and it has been an invaluable asset. Not a ton of functions, but it's good enough for my purposes.

Hey... if the line wiggles when you input a signal...
you're miles ahead of using a DMM...:san:

Jerry

vk2fro

The line does wiggle - just been testing it with a VHF radio module making sure it had no muting as it was labelled a data module but sure enuf its AF out was unmuted.

Line wiggles when I talk from across the room at 100mw on the yaesu VX-3R. Guess I didnt get a broken one :) It also wiggled when my buddy talks from half the suburb away :)

(I could also hear him on my hand held - funny that!)

Last edited: