Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scariest game

Since I just started playing condemned, I thought I'd make this topic. let me just say condemned is a probably the scariest game I've ever played. If you've ever played fear, it makes fear look very weak.. it's made by the same people too.

so what game's have you guys played and thought were scary? which was the scariest?

ah btw here is a video + gameplay of condemned:
[media width=425]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07y0kwM01SI[/media]

i HATED condemned. it was awful, the playability sucked, you couldnt see ANYTHING, it was like doom 3 but with REALLY REALLY bad controls.

what about silent hill though? That kept me on the edge for pretty much the entire time i spent playing.

I haven't tried condemned, guess I'll have to check it out.

brtaman

nikokapo said:
i HATED condemned. it was awful, the playability sucked, you couldnt see ANYTHING, it was like doom 3 but with REALLY REALLY bad controls.
you do know you have a flashlight right? lol, you always have to have your flashlight on, i dont know why they make it an option to turn it off. there is one part of the game when you fall down quite a ways and someone yells "are you ok??" and he says "yeah im fine.. just busted my flashlight tho." I was thinking "aww crap..."

i love condemned lol, im playing it for PC, idk what it's like on xbox.

silent hill I havnt tried either, ill try it some time.

ixfd64

I've heard the F.E.A.R. and Fatal Frame series are pretty scary, although I've never played them personally. The scariest game I've personally played would probably be Clive Barker's Undying, followed by Doom 3.

mikeeey said:
[quote author=nikokapo link=1215849878/0#2 date=1215877950]i HATED condemned. it was awful, the playability sucked, you couldnt see ANYTHING, it was like doom 3 but with REALLY REALLY bad controls.
you do know you have a flashlight right? lol, you always have to have your flashlight on, i dont know why they make it an option to turn it off. there is one part of the game when you fall down quite a ways and someone yells "are you ok??" and he says "yeah im fine.. just busted my flashlight tho." I was thinking "aww crap..."

silent hill I havnt tried either, ill try it some time.[/quote]

i didnt say you dont have a flashlight. it's that you have to use it all the time.

nikokapo said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1215849878/0#4 date=1215895517][quote author=nikokapo link=1215849878/0#2 date=1215877950]i HATED condemned. it was awful, the playability sucked, you couldnt see ANYTHING, it was like doom 3 but with REALLY REALLY bad controls.

silent hill I havnt tried either, ill try it some time.[/quote]

i didnt say you dont have a flashlight. it's that you have to use it all the time.[/quote]
yeah lol, they should just have it always turned on.

When i was a few years younger I thought Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was the scarriest game I've played, then doom 3, then fear, followed by the expansion packs. But after playing condemned it puts them all to shame lol.

I think the scariest game EVER is and will always be TET[ch1071]IS

there's no way you can get over that feeling of "WILL THE LONG BAR COME?! OMG OMG I NEED ONE RIGHT NOW.....I HAVE TO DO TETRIS OR ELSE I'LL LOSE! OMG GIVE ME THE FCKN RED BAR OOOOOMGGGG WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THESE IMPOSSIBLE-TO-PLACE PIECES!!!!!!!!!!"

we could make a thriller out of this :D

mikeeey said:
When i was a few years younger I thought Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was the scarriest game I've played, then doom 3, then fear, followed by the expansion packs. But after playing condemned it puts them all to shame lol.

Oblivion can get a bit creepy at parts, especially with the undead and if you choose to be friends with vamps and the Black Hand.

Dudes, do you think I should play Morrowind? Is it any good? I know it's pretty old, and I've heard conflicting opinions.

i haven't played mtuch but i played half life 2.How about the scarest movie.(exorsist)

VillageIdiot said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1215849878/0#7 date=1215900546]

Oblivion can get a bit creepy at parts, especially with the undead and if you choose to be friends with vamps and the Black Hand.

Dudes, do you think I should play Morrowind? Is it any good? I know it's pretty old, and I've heard conflicting opinions. [/quote]
Oblivion can be, yeah.
Morrowind is defiantly worth playing, but after playing oblivion I'm not sure if that will ruin the fun of it..you can still try though!

-----
no youtube video can really show how scary condemned is, it just needs to be played..with headphones, in the dark. 100x better than doom 3 and fear.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwoujhcJeiU[/media] (Skip to :28)
This game is not meant to be scarey for the whole thing, just parts. Zelda OOT FTW.  Not to mention the redeads... *shudders* I played that when I was 6, and am still mildly scared of them today. You do not want to know how they kill you...

The rest of the game: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72d31-K2mi4&feature=related[/media]
(Skip to 1:50)    

EPIC

This is a redead \/\/\/\/\/

Attachments

• redead.jpg
    redead.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 53
Do the grab you and raep you? If it's what I'm thinking about, I feel your pain. I was scared as hell of those damn redeads at about 6 years old. yeeesh.

o yeah i was scared of shadow temple when i was little, and on majoras mask there were scary parts. There were lots of redeads in that underground place where you have to get to stone temple, i hated that, cuz if i remember correctly you had to get stuff for the readeads, and it was annoying.