Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Saying "Hi from Texas"

Stopping into say hi and thanks to the members of LPF , i have just recently discovered my interest in lasers as a hobby along with my other hobbies that include Vaping , astronomy , firearms and some RC , I'm a 51 yr old kid (according to my wife) and spend many days away from home working as a towboat captain , during my free time I enjoy researching whatever interests me (which led me here) after purchasing a cheap 303 laser from eBay , I am currently deciding on my first purchase of a really nice laser from either Jetlasers or Tech-Lasers , I've definitely been enlightened (schooled) in lasers along with the responsibilities and safety of owning a high powered laser (and I still have much to learn) , thank y'all for posting and sharing a massive amount of knowledge here , simply amazing ! Have a great day !

Last edited:

Greetings, what wavelength are you looking to get?

p.s You said Laser-Tech, did you mean Tech-Lasers
classic 532nm Green handheld laser pointer real power focus adjustable
Hi RedCowboy , yes I did mean Tech-Lasers , O.P. Edited (guess I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning !) As for wavelength I've been looking at the Ple pro in 532nm 300mw or the 462nm 1.4mw , I looked at the 520nm but only available options are 50mw 70mw then jumps all the way to 1W and a bit out of my current price range (beam visibility is most important to me as well as staying in that price range at the moment) , I will purchase the 10X B.E. Along with it ... It looks like Jetlaser and Tech-Laser are the same lasers under different model names with small differences in price yet equal when shipping is applied

Last edited:
Hi klpbaron :wave:

Welcome to the wonderful world of lasers and the forum.
That is a really nice intro, a towboat captain = pretty darn cool :)
Please remember to get proper safety laser goggles for the wavelength of your laser if it is over 5mW.
Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.
Hope you have a great weekend!

Hi klpbaron :wave:

Welcome to the wonderful world of lasers and the forum.
That is a really nice intro, a towboat captain = pretty darn cool :)
Please remember to get proper safety laser goggles for the wavelength of your laser if it is over 5mW.
Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Thank you Laser Chick (awesome name btw!) , yes eye protection along with all safety precautions are and always will be top priority , hoping you have a great weekend as well :)

Howdy, what part of Texas? I'm from Central Texas, about an hour north of Austin and about 25 minutes south of Waco on I-35.

Check out the Lonestar Lasers Group.

Last edited:
Howdy, what part of Texas? I'm from Central Texas, about an hour north of Austin and about 25 minutes south of Waco on I-35.

Check out the Lonestar Lasers Group.
Hi Trendkilla254 .. We live in Aubrey (about 30-40 min North of Dallas) , thank you I will check them out !

Welcome to the forums! This is definitely the place to be if you want to learn more about lasers and be around others who have caught the laser bug. There are some amazing and brilliant people here that can answer just about any question you ever think of. Always enjoy seeing new people coming into the hobby. :wave:

Welcome to the forums! This is definitely the place to be if you want to learn more about lasers and be around others who have caught the laser bug. There are some amazing and brilliant people here that can answer just about any question you ever think of. Always enjoy seeing new people coming into the hobby. :wave:
Thanks Lux .. Learning I am !