Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Satriani Vs. Coldplay

I think that yeah, they did copy it a bit, but they still made soemthing new out of it.

I think they should at least give satriani some cash for it, although hes gained a lot of publicity from it

JLSE

Even though I havent listented to Satriani and his Ibanez (IIRC) in a while, I can still pick his sound out of a crowd. Unique, like hearing an Eddie, or Steve Vai solo, the newer gen. has to latch onto some true tallent.

Coldplay = Hacks....

They can copy him, but they will not sound like him.

As stated before, Satriani its pretty unique... he's a... Super Colossal!

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
satriani is one of my favorite musicians actually. im a huge fan of guitar virtuoso/shredder style music

c0ldshadow said:
satriani is one of my favorite musicians actually. im a huge fan of guitar virtuoso/shredder style music

Nice ;D Same here!

jerry

I'm a big fan of Satch but I think he's being a big baby. Sure the melody sounds the same, but it's only 3 notes of it. Both songs are in the ubiquitous 4/4 time; and the chord progression is simple enough that it's very likely that several artists may use it. There are more artists than Coldplay who have used that melody over that chord progression.

I hate Coldplay.
I haven't heard of Satriani until right now.

Coldplay=fail

At least in my opinion.

-Mark

Chad

It's really been overinflated. Sure, it sounds similar, but both songs are completely different... As jerry said, it's only 3 notes. That shouldn't be enough to freak out over.

Satch = win.

Coldplay collectively wishes they were 1/10th of the musicians that Joe Satriani is. Also, it's more than 3 notes, it's an entire phrase consisting of both melody and harmonies. The entire structure of the respective portions of the songs are the same.

Satriani = WINS ALL DAY LONG!!!!