Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu G2 lenses

Hey everyone! :)

I was surfing the web when I found out that Sanwu sells G2 lenses. I was surprised by the fact that they sell them for 10 bucks! This is a lot cheaper than anywhere else I've searched. For example, DTR is selling them for 30 bucks and SurvivalLaser for nearly $45 (both with a focusing ring, but that still doesn't explain the huge difference in price).

I also found this from AixiZ and I suppose it's the G2 lens, but I'm not quite sure (a confirmation on that would be appreciated as well): AixiZ Blue Laser Glass Lens for 405-455nm, AixiZ

So, are they legit G2 lenses (the Sanwu ones), can anyone confirm that?

Oh, one more thing regarding the G7 lens. Does it make the laser's beam (the diameter) thicker?
I've read about the better divergence over the G2 and the power increase over the 3 element lens, but I care more for the beam's thickness. And don't tell me to get a beam expander, it's not what I'm looking for! :p

Thanks

Last edited:

G7 is an off spring of 3 element and g2.:D

ahahaha :crackup: thats actually a good way of putting it

Does that mean that they strike a balance between divergence and power? Or that they improve over the G2 and 3E in both respects?

3E lens is known for fair power output and very respectable divergence. The G2 is more so for increased output, and G7 also has a better output than the 3E but the divergence is also up to par with the 3E's divergence, IIRC. I can't remember if its a tad worse, the same, or better than the 3E, but it's pretty close either way.

Last edited:

Sta

Thank you ElectricPlasma! I would rep you, but I must spread it around first.

Oh, one more thing regarding the G7 lens. Does it make the laser's beam (the diameter) thicker?
I've read about the better divergence over the G2 and the power increase over the 3 element lens, but I care more for the beam's thickness.

I'm still waiting for my g2 from sanwu to compare to my other DTR g2 lenses but here's a comparison of (2) bdr-209, one with DTR g2 (left) and one with the sanwu g7.

The g7 definitely throws out a thicker beam than a g2 lens because of the 7mm lens inside. For the bdr-209 I actually prefer the g7 as it makes the beam more visible once set to infinity.

Attachments

• IMG_20160410_161018.jpg
    IMG_20160410_161018.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 395
Reactions: Sta
Sorry for the late reply guys, I've been super busy the last few days :) (I wasn't even at home and conducting a reply through mobile phone is not the most fun process)

I'm still waiting for my g2 from sanwu to compare to my other DTR g2 lenses but here's a comparison of (2) bdr-209, one with DTR g2 (left) and one with the sanwu g7.

The g7 definitely throws out a thicker beam than a g2 lens because of the 7mm lens inside. For the bdr-209 I actually prefer the g7 as it makes the beam more visible once set to infinity.

Thanks for the info and for the comparison pic! It was exactly what I was looking for. I might end up getting the g7 lens as well, really like that beam it outputs

3E lens is known for fair power output and very respectable divergence. The G2 is more so for increased output, and G7 also has a better output than the 3E but the divergence is also up to par with the 3E's divergence, IIRC. I can't remember if its a tad worse, the same, or better than the 3E, but it's pretty close either way.

Thank you for the clarification :thanks:

G7 is a long focal length single element that lets more power through than a 3 element while keeping a spot size close to that of the 3 element. That's a G7 in my avatar in the 5mm long housing, I like them a lot.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Podo's G2 works pretty good, but DTR's G2 is better, it's much cleaner and has a longer working range, podo's G2 looks good, but is not as good in my testing, plus it has a lot of splash. DTR's G2 is much cleaner.

In these videos you can see podo's G2 will focus tight, but only up close, DTR's G2 can be adjusted super tight over a working range that's from just as close as podo's to a good bit further. It's a better working lens and the best to use before beam shaping optics.

THE DTR G2 is my preferred lens for cutting as it burns better and produces the cleanest output and better working range for CNC p.s. I cut slowly in these videos, it can cut much faster.

INTERESTING NOTE: A super tight needle thin line will cut without imparting energy into the adjacent material around the cut line, this helps keep your work piece from catching fire.

NUBM06 with Gball removed and a DTR G2 lens

NUBM06 with Gball removed and a SANWU G2 lens

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and for the comparison pic! It was exactly what I was looking for. I might end up getting the g7 lens as well, really like that beam it outputs

I personally did not like it at first because I was doing a long-distance burn test comparing to my other 209 with a DTR g2. But after seeing the beam at night I was very pleased with the performance of the g7.
I'm not really diggin the short lens barrel from sanwu quite yet as I need to see what others are doing for a focus ring. And both the g7 and g2 from sanwu seem to have some splash, g7 has more and with DTRs g2 I have nothing but close to perfect profile, maybe a ghost dot here and there.