Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Saftey

Hi everybody, my name is Jason and I'm new here. I found the site, dinodirect, recently and Ive seen the site mentioned in a few post here so I thought it'd be a good place to ask. Ive seen where they have high powered lasers for more than half the price of what I see on other sites and it just looks to good to be true. So it got me thinking that there must be some reason they're able to sell them so cheap. My guess is that if they are cheaply made they might not be as safe as the others like o-like or somthing along those lines. I'm hoping to hear that they are safe but thought I'd ask just to be careful. Thanks in advance for any help!

Ps: I have heard the warnings about the site but I'm more concerned about the products themselves.

Last edited:

It's not about the safety, it's about lasers themselves.

You may see that their "400mW" is half the price of O-like 400mW, but it is only declared as 400mW for reasons unknown.
General rule of thumb > Price = Power (with exceptions of course).

If you see a laser that costs $100 and is declared 400mW, you KNOW it's too good to be true (as you said it) and the laser will most likely be around 150-200mW if you are lucky.

Problems with cheap lasers go even more complex - inconstistencies in the manufacturing line, power fluctations, Transverse Mode hopping of the beam, failure rates.

What sort of laser are you looking for?

djra

I bought a cheap unsafe laser and it ended up blowing up half a city block due to an overload in the flux capacitor :(

haha! but in all seriousness, Ive bought all my lasers from people in this forum thats your best bet, just got in a 1w survival laser! good luck

Have fun, ask questions, people will help and awnser any questions. Good luck and welcome!