Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety with 650nm 5mW ! ? !

DarylH

I guess you've all heard of this but strangely, I haven't find a thread about this in the database.

I'm thinking about hair transplant, and some people talked me about LLLT (Low light Laser Therapy) to complete the treament and stabilize my hairloss. On a lot of websites, they are selling devices (between 300$ to 3000$), and some invite you to build your own....

So I wanted to know - and it's why I'm asking you - is this a good idea ? I mean, is it safe to build a helmet with some 3$ lasers by Aixiz ?

http://www.aixiz.com/store/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=59&products_id=293

Are these lasers as safe as the lasers they use in the devices they sell to crazy prices ? Is a 650nm 5mW 8x13mm 3.2VDC diode laser safe for skin\brain ?

That's it ! Thx !
-Some worried guy.

Last edited:

jimdt7

I dont know if it is going to work but 5mW 650nm arent going to damage your skin for sure !

Benm

I seriously doubt any medical effect either, but as far as safety is concerned there is little to be worried about. You should not look directly into these lasers, but things like faint reflections or skin exposure will not cause you any harm.

As far as getting light on your head goes, it may be more effective to use something like a red phatled. Afaik no relatiionship between light exposure and hairgrowth has ever been demonstrated, so i think it would be moot to construct either device.