Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety Goggles Help!

Hey, I value my eyesight like most of the people on LPF and I really need some advice on safety goggles that will properly protect my eyes. I have been searching the forum for some time now and seem to be finding contradictions in the advice that some people have given. I currently have a DealExtreme <5mW 532nm green and a NOVALaser X Series <50mW 532nm green laser. I am not worried about the <5mW but reflections from the 50mW could be bad. I am also planning on purchasing on of the 445nm Casio diodes and making a 1000mW blue laser....... Recommendations please?

You could always just youtube, laser glasses and get video results like that.

Rayfoss and focalprice seem to be pretty common, and they seem to work. I haven't seem one of those power measuring devices used in the video, it's just they pointed the laser at a wall, slid the glasses in front of the wall and the dot disappeared. Dragonlasers has really good glasses. I had a pair but I lost them or broke them...I dunno. I just can't find them. A rayfoss pair is being shipped with my laser as I type though