Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety Glasses/Goggles?

Mo13

I've been searching information on safety glasses/goggles for a while now, and can't find any straight, solid, simple answers. So, I'm gonna ask here, and hopefully not start a huge argument on "HOW MUCH ARE YOUR EYES WORTH?????????"

I am getting a 180~200mW Red burning laser from O-like.com. The wavelength is advertised as 650+-10nm. I know I need protective eyeware in order to safely use this laser.

I am not rich, nor am I anything close to that. I am 15, with no job, and no parents willing to give me money. I don't have $30-$200 to spend on safety glasses. Realisticly-I have about $10.

Now, my question is this: Where can I purchase laser safety glasses (or better yet, goggles; as I wear prescription eyeglasses) for around $10?

P.S. I have heard you can use theatre lighting gels taped over any ordinary glasses/goggles as laser safety eyeware. Is there any truth to this, and if so, what color gel would I use for a red (650+-10nm) laser pointer?

Thank you all in advance.

Hey Mo13...

It is called SPAMMING when you open identical Threads in different
sections on the Forum... a definite No-No...

Jerry

How much are your eyes worth?:na:LOL

Try eBay. With a quick search I came up with these. More then $10, although
I don't think you will find 650nm for $10

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/RED-DIODE-LASER-PROTECTIVE-GLASSES_W0QQitemZ120461963209QQcategoryZ109452QQcmdZViewItem]RED DIODE LASER PROTECTIVE GLASSES - eBay (item 120461963209 end time Nov-21-09 07:04:59 PST)[/URL]

Don't mess around with gels or colored plastic
Also watch out for 650nm glasses that say "enhancement" you don't want those.
Beg or borrow the extra $20 and get a real set.

Last edited:

Mo13

Sorry, Lasersbee, I'm kinda new to forums.

Hey, Green. Could I borrow about $20? I'll pay you back within a month or so.:D
(I'm actually half-serious.)