Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

safety eyewear for red laser?

i have just bought a 200mw red laser 650-660 nm. and since its a powerful laser i think i should buy some glasses/goggles but i cant seem to find any thats both cheap and good.
it only needs to protect me from accidents so they just need to block around 1-2 seconds of exposure (think there called alignment goggles or something) and you should be able to see somehow clearly through them.

does anyone have any recommendations?

ps. if they could be shipped inside of EU thet would be great! of not then thats okay.

pps. im danish so im not that good at english. if you dont understand me then please tell me.

ok thanks. im just going to by the one that protects against 600-700 nm. its just that the customs in denmark puts a 30 dollar fee plus 25% VAT on the package if its shipped outside EU and the value surpass 15$. but youre right. no money is worth more than my eyes so thats why i buy them now.

thanks for your help

EDIT:
i am getting a little in doubt of which of the dragonlaser glasses i should buy because i want the see what im doing with the laser and the blue one states that the laser beam dot is clearly visible through them but the green doesnt. although the green are the one that provides the best protection as far as i can see. it protects from 600-700 nm and blue just protects from 590-650 nm where my laser is 655 +-5 nm

can you see the dot through the green or can i buy the blue and still be nearly as protected against the laser as the green one?

Last edited:
Yes you will still be able to see the Laser's dot... or the Safety Glasses would
be useless...
The dot will of course be much dimmer... but is allows you to see the real
dot shape and size...

Jerry

ok thanks alot then ill go for the green one (although the blue is alot more stylish:yh:)

Benm

Hmm.. why don't they provide actual transmission curves for these glasses? I'm quite sure they wont go from OD 3+ to completely transparent between 650 and 651 nm, but having the actual plot would give more insight.

yeah. they should provide the curves but i have just bought the green one since it overs the best protection. looking forward to when it arrives:D

Yeah but at least you know for a fact you wont burn your eyes. Those Chinese lenses are iffy at best.