Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

S1 Sonar Lunar or build my own?

i am havin trouble. I want a violet laser bad and i see the S1 for $89. Output at 200mW!! I was wondering if thats a good deal ? what if i built my own any advantage to that?

any and all info welcome and thank you

DJNY

There are some Sonar S1 threads around. Wait until someone review it, but IMO the $89 are a very good deal for a 200mW 405nm. If you want it focusable, you should look for a DIY laser, kevinmassey sells a 400mW for about $150 - check out the B/S/T section.

well i ordered the sonar today had a lil talk with the chat guy and they hope to get them out this week or first of next kinda sounds like the arctic all over again lol

I wish someone would make custom focus rings for WL lasers. Then the Sonar would be more appealing.

if you play your cards right...

you could do cheaper but if you want a cool host and everything...

Would not trust WL after the horrible QC the Arctics are having and the lies. I would not trust the Sonar is coming out this week, or next, they said the same things with the Arctic and still getting the Arctics out.

Since there will also be a big backlog of Sonars, the QC will be soddy, seems now a laser with WL is either hit, or miss, and seems a lot of Arctics have come to people in rough condition and many faulty ones also. If you have trouble with the Sonar, good luck in getting a replacment.

There is another laser you can get, it's focusable and bluray. O-like sell them and bet it you get a faulty one they will replace it, but with WL you may not get the Sonar replaced due to it's hard to get a reply from WL.

I had a Sonar ordered from WL, but all the problems with WL and the Arctic, cancelled it, would rather get a laser from a better company. Also are not many WL lasers well under spec? The Arctic is well under.

MrDave

Well I ordered the Focusable 405nm 200mw unit from O-Like, myself, tonight.

200mW blu-ray torch/adjustable/focusable [OL-405-200-T] - $105.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

With all the bad press on Wickedlasers I figured for the same Price as the S1 plus shipping I would get this one from O-Like.

Funny how o-like is shipping it for $4.00 and Wicked charges like $25 or something crazy like that.

Plus I'll have the focusable option.

I bought the Star Diffraction Grating pieces from O-Like, really cool, attach on my 200mw green laser and I can light up several city blocks with green dots in a star pattern from 1 laser - Now that was funny!

Last edited:
i am havin trouble. I want a violet laser bad and i see the S1 for $89. Output at 200mW!! I was wondering if thats a good deal ? what if i built my own any advantage to that?

any and all info welcome and thank you

Why wait for the Sonar S1? Why not get the O-Like 200 watt Bluray laser. I can focus the beam also. I doubt the Sonar S1 will be a good laser, due to WL are getting out the Arctics First, and with the backlog of Sonars will also rush these out, so QC may not be that good.

I would go o-like. I have ordered from them a lot and have never had any problems. The only downside to the olike laser is the lack of heatsinking.
If you really want a nice laser look into coleman max hosts, and have somebody make you a module.

after hearing the next week story a few times i cancled my order and bought a built one from a member on here should have it fri or sat untill then i have the $8 ebay special to keep me busy