Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

S o l d

Have not had this laser for very long and would not be selling it if I didnt need a PJ. I figured I miggt as well have at least one and have way to many 532s so its time to shift some funds around.

Will post pics of the unut along with 5 minute LPM graph when I get home later today. Thread is here now to get approval and gen up some intrest. (If youre impatient I did a thread with my RPL as a double review/compare thread and there are pics and what not there in the mean time)

It is a 325mW model but averages higher than that. Takes 3 D cell batteries and has an input for external power. Manual shutter at the front along with a start up delay of about 3 seconds. Overheat indication via a red led on the side of the unit. Active forced air cooling for 100% duty cycle (ambient air temp dependant) Input for ttl modulation. Key switch and interlock dongle. Will measure the divergence when I get home but it is far superior to any other laser I own. Including the RPL.

Comes with carrying case.

As promised:

I measured the divergence at 0.6907mRad.

Asking 600$
Shipping 30$

Speedy

Last edited:

Re: FS LaserGlow Hercules 325

It was actually less than that, the end point where I measured was 5.5mm and I rounded it up to 6mm. So really .6043mRad. I like to have that little buffer though so I round.

Getting power that high is easy.

Getting the beam like that is NOT.
AND the active cooling makes the Herc unique- and the overheat warning light is a big PLUS. should not need it but still.. very nice feature that has made every serious collector want one.
Check the OPs sig- he is a serious collector and buys the best.

I would be bumping this even if I did not know the OP.

that divergence is crazy--
They used to cost a lot moar.
good price on a great laser.:beer:

Wow, I might have snagged this if I hadn't just snagged DJNY's RPL. assuming you'd have accepted a similar offer of earnest first and the rest later. that's some insane divergence, and just when I thought I had done well with the RPL's .9mrad. KILLER deal, I'm sure it'll go fast, considering for a new one a person would have to drop a bit over $1000, though I'm not a fan of D batteries or the size of the HERCULES. good luck my friend

IsaacT

That tripod is SEXY!!! Where did you get it??? I am shopping in earnest for a tripod for my CNI laser I will get in a few months.

And free bump for you :beer:

Wow! This is a great deal, bud. The Hercules 325 goes for almost $1100 on their site. If it weren't so big, I'd snag it. I am looking for a little bit smaller host for my first higher power 532nm.

Someone is going to be a happy camper when this finds a new home.

Good luck, Speedy... cheers!!

norbyx

It's a very interesting laser. Would you take trade ins as payment, maybe its easier to sell some cheap lasers than this monster.

I'm trying to get in on a PJ GB so I need the cash. Its worth the price if you have the money!

IsaacT

Curiousity question that may help your sale, are you including the DC cable for it? That looks like a really awesome feature. There aren't many handheld lasers out there that you can choose to power from the wall if you so wish.

I dont have the dc cable sadly. You can get them at radio shack or LG. I believe its a 5VDC 2.A unit. Would have to double check on the website.

norbyx

What happens when you adjust the diodes current in the host? power changes ? If so by how much?

It is set by LG to the most efficient setting. You would probably get a small increase. But would lose stability. This laser is not one of those you want to try to push to get a higher output.

I recommend whoever purchases it to leave this setting alone.