Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Running Different Batteries in One Host?

IsaacT

So I have all the parts on the way for my first 445 laser, and I am super excited! However, it looks like the guy I bought batteries from two days ago hasn't shipped them yet so I was wondering if it is harmful to run a Ultrafire 16340 and a AW 16340 in one host, since my host requires two batteries.

Thanks,
Isaac

So I have all the parts on the way for my first 445 laser, and I am super excited! However, it looks like the guy I bought batteries from two days ago hasn't shipped them yet so I was wondering if it is harmful to run a Ultrafire 16340 and a AW 16340 in one host, since my host requires two batteries.

Thanks,
Isaac

Yes this is not good as it will rip a hole in the space/time continuum... :D

I would say not to do this, but if its just for on and off I prolly would still not suggest it.

+1. Different cells have different capacities and makes it complicated since both could start at 4.2V, but after discharging both at the same rate, one might still be at 3.9V while the other might be "empty" already. Patience, grasshoppa' ;)

IsaacT

My laser parts are OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!! But my batteries are 3 farkin days away!!!! Ugh patience blows!!! Maybe I'll buy some nonrechargeable 16340's to test it with so I can atleast build it....

Fiddy

Of course you can run them. Just keep an eye on the lower capacity cell and make sure it don't discharge lower than ~3V.

IsaacT

Ya I had to run them together to make sure that my completed build was operational. I had to troubleshoot things like 5-6 times as it was my first DIY handheld ever. >2W of 445nm light is overwhelmingly powerful!!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY BATTERIES TO ARRIVE AMG!!!!!!

Thanks,
Isaac

PS-Ill be making a thread about the build soon(once the new batts arrive and I get done playing).