Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rgb

hi guys another question here.......im looking to start a build like jayrob 7colar build and have a few questions

1. what ma should the drivers be if im using a phr diode and a open can diode
2. is there any place in the us i can buy a 50mw green module ?

1) Safe current for phr is 100-115ma... you can push it a bit more if you really want to (proper heat sinking is required, pushing it will also cause the diode to degrade ober time and shorten the lifespan of the diode!). Safe current for LOC (I assume you are using a LOC) is around 400-420ma (correct me if I'm wrong)

2) Yes darklasers sells the 50mw module! not sure if in stock! check it out or talk to Darkarmyofone

Hope that helped! -Adrian

^ Yes the currents you stated are correct from what i know of.

However when you go about building one of these lasers you may end up having to throttle back one or two of them in order to get the correct color balance. When i made my "white" laser the green and the red had to be turned down a little so they didn't wash out the violet

when i get everything set up i can adjust the ma to balance the collar out...i was not sure what i needed to get the best collar match :) thanks guys for the fast reply

No probs! Any more questions pm one of us! saves u from making small threads like this all over the forum!

Happy to help -Adrian

well, there is a website in china that i personally recommend highly! their shipping is reasonable and I think their products are worth the wait any way www.0-like.com

jayrob

hi guys another question here.......im looking to start a build like jayrob 7colar build and have a few questions

1. what ma should the drivers be if im using a phr diode and a open can diode
2. is there any place in the us i can buy a 50mw green module ?

I listed all of my settings and power measurements in the thread...

As well as diodes and lenses used. (which green module too)

I made a high power one, and a low power one. You can see the specs (with a link to the lower power one as well) here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/b...ng-adjustable-sled-mount-heatsinks-41942.html