Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB Laser Scanner ^1000mW

Howdy all. I'm new on LPF and i here asking for some help and advices from you guys.
Now i want to build a RGB Laser Scanner V2 Why "V2" because i allready build a laser system which is came out a little bit sucks. it have a many problems on it, and it not work so "smooth" as i expected. The DAC was "popelscan" working with popelscan 3.1 & HE-laserscan. In short that was my first laser scanner. Now what laser system that i what to build right now is Analog Modulation,RGB,Up to 1000mW (which is not suppose be 1W)
Now the things that i have right now is:
Scanners: AXJ-V20 Close-Loop 20kpps@20*/30kpps@8*

!B-vmhLQEGk~$(KGrHqEOKpYEy+jCy34,BM9l-IpuPw~~_12.JPG

Now about the lasers i have only the 100-150mW DPSS Chinese Green Laser (No Driver)

$(KGrHqMOKowFG6PF5n5EBRyUUg4nBw~~60_35.JPG

Now for the blue laser i was choose the "PLTB450" 445nm diode laser
$(KGrHqJ,!lgFJi2h1Gg-BSZ3shBWcw~~60_3.JPG

And for the red i have choose the famous "LPC-836" "LOC" 650-660nm 300mW
$(KGrHqV,!hcE6boO-qU4BOv+TKUU3w~~60_12.JPG

The DAC "In Process" ? ? ?

Now for "Breakout Board" I use:
$(KGrHqMOKpQFJv92!5WWBSegiETztQ~~60_3.JPG

Thanks to @Cyparagon for help :p

Now for drivers i think to purchase some of those "FlexMod P3" Driver I heard they do a good job ;)
FlexModP3.jpg

Now for red & blue diode i have a pretty good heatsink with small fans on the back :p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now i do have a dicrotic lens to combine the beams and i do have some mounts for them.
Thats it i think for now on. Please guys any help will be helpful. Thanks

Last edited:

That white balance will be off by a lot. You either need lots more red, or turn the power down to 50-100mW on the green and blue.

If you're looking for an improvement in how "smooth" the projection is, using ishow might be a step in the wrong direction.

That white balance will be off by a lot. You either need lots more red, or turn the power down to 50-100mW on the green and blue.

If you're looking for an improvement in how "smooth" the projection is, using ishow might be a step in the wrong direction.
The deal is that it connect via USB and it more comfortable to use and it have his own software. And maybe is cheap but i think it will do the job untill i buy a moncha or QS:yh: Oh yeah and i going to use another diodes and another drivers. My big question is if the iShow is going to run well with that "breakout borad" and if not can you please suggest something

Last edited:
Oh, you mean this thing? That's not a breakout board. That's basically an IC that cycles through 10-20 patterns - a CRAPDAC if you will. You could use the connectors from that kit, but a standard db25 connector is cheaper. I forget whether you need male or female. If soldering is against your religion or whatever, you can get get something like this.

Dear friend. Thank you so much for helping :) Now you telling me if i buy a (iShow,QS,etc.)
i need only a connector or a "Breakout Board" ? Now i find some info about ilda connection
RayComposer: ILDA Connector
Can you please help me to figure it out, it have there a lot of connections that i can't understand, i see there a(Interlock A,User-Defined Signa,User-Defined Signal from Projector to DAC) that kind of stuff.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW What's with the DAC (iShow) Which one i use they are different :
Ishow ILDA Laser Light Control Software USB Interface | eBay
or
New Ishow Laser Show Software USB Interface Free Shipping with Tracking Number | eBay
Thanks. :p

you will hate yourself for a long time if you buy an ishow dac.

i strongly recommend this dac: Ether Dream

and LSX for laser show creation: https://innolasers.com/shop/index.php?id_product=18&controller=product

Howdy all. I'm new on LPF and i here asking for some help and advices from you guys.
Now i want to build a RGB Laser Scanner V2 Why "V2" because i allready build a laser system which is came out a little bit sucks. it have a many problems on it, and it not work so "smooth" as i expected. The DAC was "popelscan" working with popelscan 3.1 & HE-laserscan. In short that was my first laser scanner. Now what laser system that i what to build right now is Analog Modulation,RGB,Up to 1000mW (which is not suppose be 1W)
Now the things that i have right now is:
Scanners: AXJ-V20 Close-Loop 20kpps@20*/30kpps@8*

!B-vmhLQEGk~$(KGrHqEOKpYEy+jCy34,BM9l-IpuPw~~_12.JPG

Now about the lasers i have only the 100-150mW DPSS Chinese Green Laser (No Driver)

$(KGrHqMOKowFG6PF5n5EBRyUUg4nBw~~60_35.JPG

Now for the blue laser i was choose the "PLTB450" 445nm diode laser
$(KGrHqJ,!lgFJi2h1Gg-BSZ3shBWcw~~60_3.JPG

And for the red i have choose the famous "LPC-836" "LOC" 650-660nm 300mW
$(KGrHqV,!hcE6boO-qU4BOv+TKUU3w~~60_12.JPG

Now for DAC i choose the iShow. Why iShow because i'm short in cash :D
So I have two different choices please help me what i need which is better

Ishow ILDA Laser Light Control Software USB Interface | eBay

Or

New Ishow Laser Show Software USB Interface Free Shipping with Tracking Number | eBay

Now for "Breakout Board" I use:
$(KGrHqMOKpQFJv92!5WWBSegiETztQ~~60_3.JPG

Thanks to @Cyparagon for help :p

Now for drivers i think to purchase some of those "FlexMod P3" Driver I heard they do a good job ;)
FlexModP3.jpg

Now for red & blue diode i have a pretty good heatsink with small fans on the back :p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now i do have a dicrotic lens to combine the beams and i do have some mounts for them.
Thats it i think for now on. Please guys any help will be helpful. Thanks

You can safely just ignore the pins you do not want to use. If your case, you only need pins 1 2 5 6 7 14 15 18 19 20 and 25.

Hey guys i look for thoose great "RIYA DAC's" Which looks pretty nice to work with :rolleyes: But i don't know what to choose (BTW thanks to @swamidog that That strongly recommend this "EtherDream" :thanks: thoose "RIYA/EtherDream" looks much much better then that iSHow DAC (Which by the way i search on google, And i find many problems with thoose iShow DAC's. Once again thanks to @swamidog which tell me that :thanks::beer:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But now guys please help me to choose which is better and what you think i will need?
http://innolasers.com/ebay/laser_diode/DACs.php
We have that "EtherDream Laser Projector Controller"
etherdreams720.jpg

Or we have thoose "RIYA Laser Projector Controller"
I don't think i need the "PRO" one because it's only with the "LCD" on it so what are you guys think ?
Multibus_front.jpg

the riya dacs are also good, but i've never had any need to have a LCD display on my dac.

check out my youtube channel to see what i do with LSX and etherdream:

https://www.youtube.com/user/swamidog

Hey guys i look for thoose great "RIYA DAC's" Which looks pretty nice to work with :rolleyes: But i don't know what to choose (BTW thanks to @swamidog that That strongly recommend this "EtherDream" :thanks: thoose "RIYA/EtherDream" looks much much better then that iSHow DAC (Which by the way i search on google, And i find many problems with thoose iShow DAC's. Once again thanks to @swamidog which tell me that :thanks::beer:
But now guys please help me to choose which is better and what you think i will need?
http://innolasers.com/ebay/laser_diode/DACs.php
We have that "EtherDream Laser Projector Controller"
etherdreams720.jpg

Or we have thoose "RIYA Laser Projector Controller"
I don't think i need the "PRO" one because it's only with the "LCD" on it so what are you guys think ?
Multibus_front.jpg

Howdy. sorry for not being here for along time, (got some stuff)
@swamidog Wow you have make a good job doing those shows:thanks: :gj:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok guys now please help with the diodes i want to buy for now on i have the green 100-150 mW Green laser. like i said No Driver. Now for the blue one i want that "PLTB450" 445nm diode laser. That diode can get up to 1400 mW at about 1.3/1.4Amps which is great:) But i need less then that, so i choose to run it about 400 mW@450-500 mA.

Now for the red ones i choose one of those "LPC-836" 660nm laser diode which can run 300 mW@500mA (I don't think that's safe) But what are you guys saying about that ?
And if you guys know some stronger diode please let me know. even if it's 635nm laser diode it will be good to. But not of those "ML520G71" Diodes maybe they are high power diodes but they are have some issue with them (Like after you try to focus them, they have that stupid "line").

Last edited:
I don't know what more you need. It looks like you've listed what you want. Still, as for the red, I'd get one of those Optnext single mode 638nm laser diodes rather than a 660nm, as the 638nm wavelength is a lot brighter even with less current than the average 660nm.

If you have no driver for your green, you're out of luck and you'll need to buy another from eBay or something.

Overall, you're going to have a bad mix of colors, as you won't have much red, and the green and blue will be very dominant. You might consider those wide-bar 638nm reds and just have to deal with the weirdly shaped spot to get enough power out.

Well I think you right about the red one.
BTW People can someone post here a list of RGB mixture's
Please from 300mW up to 2W or something like that
The lasers I'm using is 100mw 532nm Green. 635nm "LPC-836" Around 300mW.
And I don't really know what wavelength to use for the blue is it that "PLTB450" 445nm laser diode or to use The "SF-AW210" 405nm diode ?
Thank you for any help