- Apr 1, 2008
ABSOLUTELY an INGENIOUS & AMBITIOUS project. Awesome idea, I hope that it all works out OK. Your machining of the housing is EXCELLENT !!!!!
Thanks for the comments Rob.
Luxor, I'm using multimode because I wanted to have the laser with an output power that "matched" its size.... I have some ideas to tidy up the beam profile of the red and blue with optics and maybe crop a bit, with the multimodes there is some power to spare and efficiency is'nt the challenge here, as you say, sorting the beam to look good will be though.
( the other advantage is the mitsi and M140 are case neutral so it makes setting the polarity of the body simple - it has to be that of the green module.)
I was looking into the pictures and I thought that corrective optics would be impossible in such a small space... I cant even imagine the nightmare man
Pretty advance work for someone who only been around for a little while. You have anything else done we can peek at I'm thinking you've done this kinda thing before.:wave:
Really a beautiful artistic/mechanical treasure you've been doing! Keep it up.
Thanks MR, glad you like it.
I've updated the 1st post with photo of the finished LCD cover.
It needs a quick polish and it's a good un. When I get a moment, i'l power up the LCD with it mounted in the cover to see how it looks.
Next job is to machine the driver & main Up' board housing which connects the laser head to the battery tube. I've asked my brother to make this for me as he's the turner:thanks: