Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reviewer

I'm already getting 20-ty people asking to donate them one most powerful unit for price of review on this forum.

But most interesting guy is Rob Banas. He claim he is good in review business and when i ask him to give me copies of it (old reviewing) he said it would be his first one and he is just starting. For donation he ask only the most powerful unit.

At first i understood its the guy which have "ledmuseum" because this guy ripoff all data from "about me" page of ledmuseum (i read it some time ago and remembered what is wroten there). I almost decided to send laser for review until i understood its not that good guy from ledmuseum, its some type of a scam

Anybody did business with him?

Scumbags do this quite a bit, we had a funneh thread a while back of someone failing at procuring themselves a free laser.

I'm already getting 20-ty people asking to donate them one most powerful unit for price of review on this forum.
There are a number of good reviewers on this site, If you want to get a product done have a look in the reviews forum, read up to see who looks a likely candidate.
Now that he is back I would reccomend SenKat-stonetek, who will do a fair writeup and send the laser back at the end if you ask him too.

Regards rog8811

here the latest e-mail i had asking to review my laser

Dear Sir: My name is Rob & I'm a laser reviewer for different mfgrs. & would be interested in reviewing your focusable 185mW laser, from an average persons point of view. I do all my reviews this way, so that people will realize that I am NOT being paid to review this laser.I'm a 53 yo. disabled man with wife & son & a house & car to pay for on a low, fixed,(1,200.00/Mo.) income. I can do whatever it is that you would want me to do with this laser, just send a list of requirements along with your product. If you want photos of your laser in action, that is also an option. Why do I do reviews for free? It's because I can't afford to BUY lasers, but by interviewing them from a 'man in the street angle' Laser Cos. usually allow me to keep the laser I've reviewed for them in lieu of $. This would be completely at your discretion, of course! If you want the laser returned after the review, all I ask is a postage paid return container. All reviews & photos are to be reviewed by yo!
u PRIOR to their posting. All you need to tell me is what you like & where you want it posted. Please send replies to my Email address which is fusedpulse@yahoo.com I await your reply & remain, Mr. Rob Banas

This is exactly by all letter e-mail i get. He only changed power, but all else exactly same text

To any & all who read this, I assure you that this is NOT some sort of scam & if you read the copy of my letter printed below, you'll see that I asked to REVIEW the %))mW laser but KEEPING it would be at HIS DISCRETION. ALL I ASKED for was a RETURN POSTAGE PAID CONTAINER. I feel that I am the one trying to be SCAMMED. All the info. about me being disabled & trying to get this reviewing business off the ground are true. I have the Disability deposits into my checking account to prove it. I think that Mr. Bukvic is trying to take advantege of a disabled person, & THAT is against the law in the U.S.A. I don't know how they do business in Croatia, But it's not how we do it here! Mr. ROB BANAS

@ Rob, No offence intended here but, having reviewed you previous posts it appears that, as yet you do not have a laser power meter and are looking at using one that works through a multi meter, which to my understanding are in no way accurate.
You were obviously on LC and may have been a big poster there but here you are still very much a newbie, in other words an unknown quantity.
The last thing to say is that mention of disability in your e-mails to suppliers does your cause no good, It is unneeded information in this context.

If you seriously want to get a name as a reviewer get yourself a proper laser meter, and review the lasers that you own now and the ones you have ordered, then you will start to get a track record.

Regards rog8811

andy_con said:
here the latest e-mail i had asking to review my laser

Dear Sir: My name is Rob & I'm a laser reviewer for different mfgrs...

Please delete this post now.
It's got some pretty private information and there's no need for others to read it.

I remember Phoenix77 back from LC and I'd have to say he's pretty trustworthy.

Although, as rog8811 said you'd need a proper power meter of your own and some reviews before companies start sending out products.

All the best.

No offense but how can you feel like you're getting 'scammed'? I don't think he, in any way, was trying to take advantage of a disabled person. Posting an e-mail is not against the law in any way, especially when there is no understood confidentiality agreement.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of anything here but it seems like this was a legitimate post. I'm sure there are a lot of people who DO try to scam using the same tactic, and he was just making sure you weren't one of them. I'll be quiet now. :-X

Mister Rob says he offered to return me laser that i "would" send for rewiev and im trying to use disabled person for bad purposes. Here is a cut-out from his e-mail:

"They have been around longer than LPF, which is why they have so many more members & articles. See, here in the U.S.A. the majority of people that are interested in lasers (other than Corporations), are the average 'guy in the street' if you will, & these forums are the best & CHEAPEST way to reach thousands of potential customers just for the price of a donation to me , the reviewer, of one of your 500mW lasers."

Im sorry English is not my native language, so forgive me all for my mistakes but as far i know English :

"just for the price of a donation to me , the reviewer, of one of your 500mW lasers"

Does this mean laser returned? English native persons, correct me if i understood wrong.

Second how did i try to Scam you mister Rob. Did i ask you for money, laser or anything? Did i ask you to wire, western, paypal me any money or anything? I can understand how i tried to scam you.

I think i have right to ask on this forum is some reviewer legitimate before i start to sending new units to rewievers and none will back!

Guys and potential buyers i will send lasers to Review by trusted members, its not problem for me. But if im scammed on 1 unit i need to sell 10 to get back "in business". I ask forum members for understanding

You said I used word for word only mW changed. If you look at the prior post from 'andy-con' you will see that I said laser returned AT YOUR DISCRETION! You only posted 500mw lasers and up, so actually I chose the LOWEST mW laser YOU advertised!! Phoenix77/aka ROB

woah there little red devil, chill. lol. The thing that i don't get the most is where you mention your disability in the email. I am guessing you are trying to get sympathy in some way? Last time i checked, a person who is sending out his/her laser to people is not looking for someone who is physically fit or even disabled. That information was completely extraneous. Although you may be legit, there will always be people who will doubt you just because you have a small amount of posts. For all we know, you are just an impostor of the real phoenix. This whole thing just seems a little too sketchy for my liking.

Kenom

Pheonix the point everyone here is making is not that your incapable because of a disability. Far from it. Your incapable of doing a good review because you don't have a power meter. Have we seen examples of your reviews? if so post a link. As of yet the only thing we've got to show for your reviews is your word and if you did the reviews without power meters, then it was an incomplete review. I have a review of several different things and have at least one laser inbound now for review with my power meter and personal experience in building lasers. I can even provide links to a few of the reviews I've done. I've offered to review toki's laser as has Senkat.

Another point to be made is you post count is not very hight to be taken as a active member of this community. That can only be changed with time.

Third point. If your going to send a letter or email to a company showing off your supposed reviewing skilz you need to provide examples of reviews that you've done. Everyone wants to get a free laser from companies for doing a review. it's just stupid. Put yourself in the companies shoes for just a moment and look at all the "requests" they get for a review laser. How many of them want your laser for free. How many of them will provide the best most comprehensive review. Now subtract $1500 from your bottom line. Multiply that times how ever many lasers are being requested. As soon as that laser is sent off to someone it can no longer be classified as "new" even if it comes back to you in pristine condition. How do you weed through the one's that are good and not? Ya see the point?

For the love of God - I am 100% disabled, but DON'T GET PAID BY THE FREAKING GOVERNMENT ! Don't throw that crap around like, "I'm black - that's why they didn't hire me" Oh yeah, I freaking went there. Disabled is not a card you throw out at your convenience - it's something you live with, and get over if possible, or at the very least ADAPT. Only a few folks I know even knew I was 100% disabled now, now EVERYONE knows ! It matters not abled/disabled if you can adequately review a laser - you must have a power meter, a way to measure the divergence - in MY case, my daughter helps out considerably - and thinking of your disability, perhaps after the purchase of a good meter, you should consider asking one of your family members for assistance. Do you have protective gear ? If not - you need that before you review a laser, too. If the company wants to give you a laser for doing the reviews, that is fine - but it is up to them....I liken this to someone standing on the corner with a sign that reads, "Hungry and homeless, God Bless" Pityful. Actually, sickening. End rant.