Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: SKYLASERS 150mW 532nm LP

DJNY

:lasergun:

-10% discount for LPF members available-

The object I´m giving you a short impression about is the 150mW 532nm Green Laser Pen from SKYLASERS,
purchased through their sale site: laserbtb.com. I´m talking about customer service, shipping and show what
you can expect when ordering this laser model. To get more information, I ordered 3pcs of exact of the same laser.
Anticipated, they have more or less similar advantages and disadvantages. As we heard quite good stuff about
SKYLASERS, I had medium-height expections after clicking the BUY-button.
Not a dark-horse at all like other companies I order from just for fun.

COMMUNICATION / SHIPPING
I was in contact with Kevin, one of the sale guys. Communication was good through the ordering process even
if there were quite a few complications. But Kevin always tried to fix the problems ASAP. At first, I couldn´t create
an account on their page with using FIREFOX. It worked with the IE. Don´t know if they fixed it yet. I was told
that they can only provide the white version of the laser I want to order, but I got the black version.

Shipping is only via FEDEX. Shipping costs are calculated by the weight and starting at ~$25. The invoice they
sent with the laser got lost, so the package was stopped by customs. Kevin sent them a new invoice, but had to
wait a few days longer for the delivery.

Skylaser is putting a value of $16 for each laser onto the invoice. I ordered 4 lasers (3x 532nm, 1x 405nm), so the
total invoice was $64. Didn´t know that before, so I wasn´t happy about paying the extra $25 for customs.

They have a new shipping partner: China Post

It´s calculated per package weight:

0.5Kg:USD 7.85
1.0Kg:USD 13.35
1.5Kg:USD 18.84

Shipping time: 8-15 days

The express number can be tracked via website.

The lasers were packaged OK, but two of the silver cases the lasers came with got dents.

- Rating 4/10 -

THE LASER
The laser is 170mm in length, and 14mm in diameter. The laserhost is black colored, instead of the white version
I ordered. It has a smooth body with a silver ON / OFF press button. Above this button I can see a LED indicator,
which shines with a gentle blue light when the laser is powered.
On the back of the laser I can see a tailcap with a key lock.

By turning the key you activate the three different modes / positions:

Green: Power ON
Yellow: No battery inside
Red: Power OFF

The key lock is a good idea. You don´t need a key once the indentation is directed onto the green dot, but you can´t laze
when the red or yellow position is selected. For the meaning of the yellow position, I had to look for it. IMO it isn´t really
useful, cause you feel by the laser-weight if batteries are inside or not, but it doesn´t annoy either.

The laser is powered by two 1.5V AAA batteries. Very common and cheap batteries, but a Li_Ion battery would give a
longer runtime. I understand their decision for the alkaline cell though.

There are three description stickers on the laser. The highest one is the DANGER sticker which shows where the radiation
comes out, the peak power (<500mW), the wavelength (532-1064nm) and the laser-class (3b). Below the DANGER-sticker
there is the CE sticker. The label at the other end of the laser shows the correct battery direction, the model type and the S/N.
I also got my forum name on it, nice surprise!

- Rating 8/10 -

POWER / PERFORMANCE
I´ve tested 3 lasers of the LP532 – 150 model. Each of them have the same con, they´re just working fine in a warm
environment or if they get heated up before. Some options to do this are heatings, hairdryers or hot-water bag.
At the time I tested the lasers, I had 17°C (62°F) in the room. I used a hot-water bag to get the maximum performance
out of the lasers. Full DURACELL Ultra Power batteries were in use. The Laserpowermeter is a thermophile NOSPIN
with an Ophir Head. Test was done over ~2min. The lasers may perform better in a warmer environment.

Average output between 155 - 160mW, 163mW peak, 9mW IR

Average output between 180 - 185mW, 232mW peak, 34mW IR

Average output between 125 - 130mW, 146mW peak, 5mW IR

The beam divergence was tested by SKYLASERS to be lower than 2.0mrad with a beam diameter at aperture around 1.5mm.
Haven´t verified these numbers yet, but in comparison to the many other 532nm laser I have/had, these numbers seem to be legit.

The 150mW 532nm pen-style lasers are $75 each before shipping.

- Rating 5/10, 8/10 under warm conditions -

PICS

OVERALL EXPERIENCE

Last edited:

Re: Review: SKYLASER 150mW 532nm LP

Wow, Excelent review you made here.

Loved reading it, and looks good overall.

+1 Sir :beer: ''When i can, so it seems :) ''

Last edited:

Blord

Great review. A lot of information to read !

Very nice review.

I'm surprised packaging, and wrong color were not listed as cons though.

DJNY

Thanks guys :wave:

Very nice review.

I'm surprised packaging, and wrong color were not listed as cons though.

The packaging wasn´t bad at all, it was neutral. The cases got a few dents, but the lasers kept their position in the case and form and weren´t rattling around. They arrived totally safely.

For the wrong color, I´m going to update the chart the other day :)

Last edited:

I love those hosts

Good review! :beer:

Nice review! I think the yellow option the tailcap is supposed to be a low power mode. At least it was when I ordered the same laser a few years ago.

DJNY

Nice review! I think the yellow option the tailcap is supposed to be a low power mode. At least it was when I ordered the same laser a few years ago.

I never had a laser in this host that had different power modes. Do you still have one of them or link me to one?

I bought it a few years ago from the US skylasers reseller. It was that same laser but white. The website no longer works:/ Skylasers

DJNY

I bought it a few years ago from the US skylasers reseller. It was that same laser but white. The website no longer works:/ Skylasers

Cool! I never heard of a 532nm company laser with power regulating before except the $$$$ silver RPL and the Hercules.
Guess I have to tease Kevin for these!

Blord

The host resembles the Leadlight host of few years back. It has also a mini LED near the button.

Nice host. The power output isn't bad as well. Thanks for the review.

Wow! All of them do better than my "600mW" greenie! Good stuff!

DJNY

Update on the review:

SKYLASER has a much cheaper delivery partner now as an option: China Post

0.5Kg:USD 7.85
1.0Kg:USD 13.35
1.5Kg:USD 18.84

Shipping time: 8-15 days

The express number can be tracked via website.

Now that is going to help their sales... :D

Thanks for the update :beer: