Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review on Eagle 190nm-540nm OD4 Laser Safety Goggles From Survival Lasers.!

Hey All,

Review on a Pair of Eagle 190nm-540nm OD4 Laser Safety Goggles.:D

I received them from SurvivalLasers.com HERE>> Eagle Pair® Laser Safety Goggles

Laser Safety Goggles Should be in everyones Laser Collection. If you want to keep enjoying the Hobby For a long time i Highly recommend you Need a Pair. Not much you can enjoy in this Hobby if you loose your eyesight from an Accident Hit From a Laser Beam, Reflection etc. So Please Get a Pair.:D You are not invincible.:beer:

Laser safety Goggles are designed to block accident hits to the eye not a CW. They are meant to give you enough time to correct what happened quickly. Cheaper Goggles dont block as much of the light so you are still at risk if you do get hit in the eye. So when you have a cheap pair on and a Reflection hits you for that split second this can be just enough time to do damage to the eye. So Going the cheap way is not the way to go. You Might be able to get away with a cheap pair of goggles if you had a lo power laser but even then why risk it. Buying Laser safety goggles is almost a one time thing. You get what you pay for in this category.:)

My Question to you is "What do you value your Eye's At.?"

I sure want to be in this Hobby for a long time and not be taking out because i wanted to cut cost around safety. That is why the call it an accident because its not intentional and most of the time its UN expected.

The Eagle Pair of Laser Safety Goggles are outstanding. They are rated OD4 and Block anywhere from 190nm - 540nm. So these are Great for 445nm , 405nm , 532nm and many more...These are the only wavelengths i have in this Range.:wave:

These Eagle Laser Safety Gogles Block All Light from my 445nm 2W+ Laser. (Look for video below) But what really makes these glass really special is you can still see what you are doing. What i mean by this is when viewing through the goggles you can see a nice clear picture of a orange/yellow dot on the wall.:) Some safety goggles make it very difficult to see a dot when you have the pair on so it could make it hard for you to know where your pointing or aiming without guessing. These clearly show where your pointing. This is not to confuse anyone to think that there is light coming through the goggles and that you are not protected. You are Protected its just the way you see the dot through the goggles.:D

On my other pair of Laser Safety Goggles it makes it very difficult to see Green lasers. Especially when iam trying to meter them on my Laser Power Meter which is a black surface.:( I also want to mention that when wearing these goggle for a long period of time and removing them after your eyes dont really need that much time to readjust to normal color viewing.:wave: Unlike my other ones that sometimes can take up to 10 minutes.

These Goggle DO Not Block IR so if your Green Laser Is not IR filtered then you are still at a Risk.

I do not have an IR filter to test on my LPM on how much These Goggles Block of Green light but it Lowers my 115mW Green Laser "Not IR filtered" Down to ~30mW which is on Point with my other Laser Safety Goggles. So i would say these also block pretty close to all Light of Green too. But Until i have a IR Filter to actually test this for sure it is still a Guess till then.:beer:

I have also tested these goggles with my 583mW 405nm 12x laser and they block All Light and the dot through the goggles is a Nice orange yellow dot like the 445nm dot is. Nothing more i can say about this.:)

These Goggle i can say are Very Very Good. They Block my 2W+ 445nm & 583mW 405nm down to Nothing and my 115mW 532nm as a guesstimate as i dont have an IR Filter to test for sure down to Nothing as well.

So these goggles do what they are intended to do BLOCK LASER LIGHT.

I Highly recommend these From Survival Laser.:beer:

Here are the Pictures:

DSC05101.jpg

Here is everything you Get.

DSC05117.jpg

The Case.

DSC05122.jpg

Eagle Pair of Goggles in the Case. They Fit Nice and No Shacking around. Its well padded too so they wont get all scratched up.

DSC05113.jpg

Wipe for fingure prints and cleaning.

DSC05199.jpg

190nm-540nm OD4+CE

DSC05106.jpg

DSC05125.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

DSC05132.jpg

DSC05138.jpg

DSC05131.jpg

Nice Pads so there not digging into the side of your head.

DSC05136.jpg

Here is what it looks like when looking through the Eagle Pair of Laser Safety Goggles.

DSC05141.jpg

Here is what 1.8W of 445nm looks like when its going though the goggles.

DSC05149.jpg

Here is what the dot look like of the 1.8W of 445nm diode through the goggles.

DSC05143.jpg

Here is what 115mW of 532nm laser hitting the goggles.

DSC05151.jpg

Here is what the dot looks like of the 115mW 532nm laser through the goggles.

DSC05186.jpg

Here is a Picture of what the 115mW 532nm green laser looks like with just IR showing around the Aperture of the laser. Note: This can only be see through the camera and should not be attempted by a Human eye.! As that is Ir can is invisible to the naked eye.

DSC05184.jpg

Here is what 405nm Looks like when its pointed to the goggles. Sorry i dint catch it hitting the goggles.

DSC05179.jpg

Here is what the dot looks like of the 583mW 405nm laser through the goggles.

DSC05189.jpg

Here is a Picture of From left to right: 105mW 532nm , 583mW 405nm , 1.8W 445nm lasers with out the goggles. No smoke or fog in the Air and just a regular picture no long exposure shot.

DSC05193.jpg

Here is another picture taken of more or less the same potion with the goggles in front of the lens with the laser in the same order. You can Clearly see it Blocks All Light on all the lasers Except "IR" from the Green you can also see how nice and crisp it makes everything look.:wave:

Laser Power Meter Test:
Eagle Goggles Vs 2W+ 445nm laser.:D Please do not attempt to try this, one mistake and you can ruin them.

I move the Goggles back and forth so i dont damage them by leaving them in one potions. Also My Meter panel only goes up to 1999mW and it is a pain to hook up my other panel for the reading above 2W. Iam in the search to find a panel that does 5W so i dont have to keep switch back and forth with my DMM panel.:)

If you want to see the reading of this laser in the video with the other panel Here it is.:)
YouTube - 2050mW - 2.05 Watts 445nm Laser LPM Test

Final Thoughts:

If you value your eyesight you should invest in a good pair of Laser Safety Goggles and the Eagle Pair that SurvivalLasers Carry are Very Very Good as you can see.

Iam Very Happy with these Goggles and Feel Safer then Before.:D

5 out of 5-:D:D:D:D:D

:thanks: For Looking.!!!

Last edited:

wtf only $42?
Shipping must be $10000 to Brazil :D
great review, lazeerer!

wtf only $42?
Shipping must be $10000 to Brazil :D
great review, lazeerer!

Thanks.:)

They are a Great Price for how Good they work. I was really impressed when i seen them block my 2W+ laser down to 0.:cool:

Not sure on how much shipping would be but iam sure it would be around the $4 - $6 dollar range.:)

SpecV

Thanks.:)

They are a Great Price for how Good they work. I was really impressed when i seen them block my 2W+ laser down to 0.:cool:

Not sure on how much shipping would be but iam sure it would be around the $4 - $6 dollar range.:)
Well shipping to Canada was $20 :( so Brazil would be in the tipple digits :D

@SpecV
lol? Oh thats not funny :yabbem:
I'll order one if not >$50... Thanks all!

Nice review & nice pictures :beer: I have high hopes for what SL continues to do for the laser community. I'm glad to see high end, quality safety goggles like this readily available :)

Garoq

I will find out for you right now how much it will be.:)

Thanks for the heads up and the great review, Lazeerer! ;)

Shipment to Brazil in a Priority Mail Envelope would be $14. No guarantee that it would arrive in 1 piece though. :(

Shipment in a Priority Mail medium flat rate box would be $46.

I see. Dint no it was that much to ship over seas. I dont do much shipping so thanks for letting me know that.

:)

Its still a Great Price for these goggles.

Leodahsan IMO A few dollar more then your 50$ budget is well Worth it for these safety goggles.:beer:

@Garoq
I've bought goggles from focal price, and they all arrived in one piece.. My friends kinda like the look, even not using with lasers ;)
can you make a discount maybe..? :)

Yeah, I have a pair of their red-wavelength glasses. They've saved my eyesight more than once.

GREAT goggles for the price!

Last edited:
@Sparkles
I think he meant with shipping included, the eagle pair costed $60.