Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

review of Wicked Lasers' LaserShades (ver. 2)

ixfd64

This is the second version of my review of Wicked's LaserShades. The green text means that new information was added.

Word document: http://ixfd64.homestead.com/files/ls-review.doc

Product: LaserShades
Manufacturer: Wicked Lasers
Price: $39.99 + shipping

laser.PNG

Laser goggles that are actually stylish? No way!

When it comes to high-powered lasers, eye safety is of utmost importance. While Wicked's products are generally very expensive, its safety goggles are among the cheapest ones on the market. Available for just $39.99 a pair, these goggles offer just the right amount of protection. The goggles block enough light to protect your eyes, but allow enough light through so you can see where your laser is pointing. Although Wicked Lasers did not provide exact details, it is commonly believed that these goggles have an optical density of around 2 - in other words, they let about 1% of the light through. The LaserShades come in two varieties – one for green lasers and one for red lasers. The cool thing is that these goggles come for free with the purchase of any class IIIb laser! (These goggles used to come for free with any purchase of a class IIIb laser, but unfortunately, Wicked no longer offers this deal.)

However, there is an issue that I would like to point out. The goggles only come in only one size. This means that the goggles may be too small for some and too large for others. For me, the goggles feel as if they might fall off my face at any time. Personally, I think that Wicked Lasers should consider making goggles of different sizes. Other than this, I have no other complaints.

Since each of us only has two eyeballs, eye safety should be the top priority. Anyone who works with high-powered lasers should consider getting these goggles, regardless of the price. If you are unfortunate enough to put an eye out by accident, just remember: do not look into the laser with your remaining eye.

- Danny Chia

Final verdict: 92% / Editors' Choice
Highs: Low price; offers just the right protection; looks cool
Lows: Only has one size
Bottom line: These laser goggles are just about the best you could find.