Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Rayfoss 50 mW green and 20 mW violet

Hello all, since I've spent a lot of time on here reading and learning I figured it's time to contribute as best I can. This is my first review and my first purchase of a laser beyond red keychains and an ebay green pen so feel free to critique so I can improve anything on future reviews.

I Recently got in my Rayfoss green RF532-30mW-QMT (CLICK HERE) and a violet RF405-20mW-BLP (CLICK HERE)

I placed the order on the 6th of Nov and received the lasers on the 31st. I live in eastern PA in the US. The green was packaged in a plain box that which I was happy to see came with a charger, the violet came boxed as shown in the pic on rayfoss.

I really like the host of the green, it feels very rugged and solid. It's listed as being water proof to 5 meters though I have no desire to test it, I do believe it would survive being submerged based on how snug the pieces feel when threading it with the rubber o-rings sealing it.

The violet is the basic pen style pointer that also feels very rugged as far as pen pointers go. When shaking it it has no noise from loose fitting pieces unlike the green ebay pen I have.

Please excuse the quality of the pics and videos, they were taken with my iphone.

The pics and videos were taken with no fog or smoke, the violet does show up much more vivid on the pics and vid then they actually are though you can see a pretty solid beam in complete darkness.

The green
jkunp2.jpg

vr7rwk.jpg

3cu54.jpg

30uv9xf.jpg

2pq2995.jpg

Video of green

Video of violet

Over all I'm very happy with the purchase, I do plan on purchasing again from Rayfoss, for the price the quality exceeded my expectations.

IsaacT

Very nice first review! Have you been privy to the wonders of florescence as of yet? It is interesting how many things Fluoresce when you aim a 405 laser at them :)

Very nice first review! Have you been privy to the wonders of florescence as of yet? It is interesting how many things Fluoresce when you aim a 405 laser at them :)

I haven't but thanks for the idea. I did read about using it on
glow in the dark stuff.

IsaacT

hmm....somethings off the top of my head to shine it on:

Urine(supposedly it is fluorescent, but if you wanna just take my word for it no one would blame you :crackup:)
GITD Stickers
Highlighters
White Paper(makes the dot look blue instead of purple....may not be fluorescence but it looks cool)