Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of jayrob Meredith Glass Lens for Red

A few months ago I ordered a O-Like new style dilda. Great laser for burning with a nice price.

After spending times on the forums here. I learned that you can get allot more power from your laser by spending the extra money on a quality glass lens.
I decided to do a upgrade on my dilda.

jayrob sells glass lens assembles for both 405nm and 605nm reds.
I bought his meredith glass lens for red
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-meredith-glass-lenses-fit-aixiz-20-red-22501.html
I sent jayrob my dilda because I'm a noob. I was unsure if what was already in the dilda laser, was actually a standard Aixiz assembly.

jayrob only had to make a few simple modifications to insure a perfect fit.
Just let him know if you decide to order one for your dilda
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-meredith-glass-lenses-fit-aixiz-20-red-22501-2.html#post574378
lbkts.jpg

The laser had a output of 179mW with the standrad O-Like lens. I was kind of disappointed to hear this. O-Like states that their dilda is rated at 180mW to 200mW.

With jayrobs lens. This laser now puts out 230mW's of pure burning power.:eek:

I notice that the when focused. The lens allows for a much tighter and cleaner point of light. I was just burning some wood. I noticed that I was able to get the beam focused so tight. That the pinprick of light turned white, while burning the wood.:eg:

Service was great,
jayrob was very quick to mount and ship my glass lens. All questions were answered in a timely matter.

If you have a dilda and you want even more POWER from it, this lens is it.
Very Happy

Last edited:

You get the pinpoint of white while at focus too? My Meredith lens mod By Jayrob does the same thing... when its focused to the white dot, it will burn most everything!

I thought it was just my eyes or goggles doing something..

jayrob

Especially needed if your going for 200mW power or higher in blu-ray...

Acrylic will degrade quickly at the higher powers.

But even at low power, you will get good power increases using one of my glass lens assemblies! :)

* 20% increase for red using Meredith glass (fit for AixiZ) vs AixiZ acrylic - back opened.

* 26% to 28% for blu-ray using my 405-G-1 glass lens vs AixiZ acrylic - back opened.

Notice in FrancoRob's 8X owner's compilation graph, that most all 8X users have the 405-G-1!
http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/8x-br-diodes-42806.html

jayrob

Update:

Meredith has discontinued selling their 'optimized for red' glass lenses...

But my new 650-G-1 glass lens will give the exact same power increase and beam spec.

It will be the same fit for this mod as well! :)