Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

review of DOHM 473nm 50mw blue DPSS laser

if you are a regular member of this platforum, you may know that I am a fan of lasers and we are a company for producing laser products.
this is a review for DOHM 473nm dpss laser--please treat me as a fan of laser right now.:san:
we have sold this dpss laser for about two years, and now have some for on sale in an unbelievable price. I am doubt of the quality it is so that I myself test one at random
I took those pictures by my granpa-age-cell phone at day time. it is not very clear.
the label on the laser is 50mw, but I got 86mw when I tested it on lpm
2.JPG
it is bluer than 450nm laser, even at day time in house, we can get a very weak beam--weak, hard to see, but the laser dot is bright--I cannot stare it directly.
1.JPG
but the laser is very heavy and big. some people may not like this big and heavy one.

3.JPG
473nm laser normally used on lab and industrial, but I know think it can no problem work on stage lighting.
if you are interested in it, please contact me for more details. and if you can do a review for us, we can offer you a good price for it.
we are now contacted DOHM to produce cheap and low output 473nm laser pointers. it has FDA license and CE certificate, it may can pass most of the customs in EU. when we get it, I will do a review here again.
here after, I attached some information for lasers, hope it is useful for new members here"
there are some issues decide the burning effect and the bright of lasers:
1. wavelength: normally the shorter the wavelength is, the stronger the burning effect is. for example, comparing with those three lasers at the same output, 405nm > 532nm > 650nm. but for bright, 532nm >660nm>405nm
2. output: everybody knows that output is the most important issue for burning if they are the same wavelength.
3. lens: laser ls is expanding lighting, only when it work with focal lens, the heat can be focused on one dot, the heat is the best
4. fl--focal length: normally, fixed focal lens laser get fl on 3-7cm. the heat in those area is the best. fl of a focusable laser can be adjusted, you can focus the laser dot at the the smallest to get the best heat.
5. usage/beam diameter: lab and stage lighting normally get bigger laser dot, the burning effect is less than laser for engraving. normally, laser for lab/stage lighting is about 1.5mm, but laser for engraving is about 0.8-1mm
6. lens: glass lens is better than plastic lens
in conclusion:
1. if you need a burning laser, we do recommend a 405nm laser + focusable + glass lens + 100mw
2. if you need a laser for bright light and stage lighting, a 532nm laser 50mw is enough. or a red one for 80-100mw. or a 450nm 100mw.
3. some instutute use laser for inspecting molecular structure, I do recommend 473nm laser. normally a 50mw analog is ok. the output is 50-90mw. a 405nm 150mw laser can be option.
4. laser less than 5mw for handheld will go with FDA license, it is safe for teaching point. but if you need a laser can point the star for antonny use, a 532nm green 100mw is recommended.
5. for IPL laser, we do recommend 638nm/650nm more than 200mw, 591nm, 445nm.

DJNY

Hey Merry.

Normally you don´t review your own product you´re selling, but as long as the info is right and useful, I think it´s OK these days. Our member TheJoker301 is also doing it like that for his laser-selling site.

I think these 473nm you´re selling are good price for the price and especially for people who haven´t seen 473nm yet!

Here is the link for the laser btw: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stage-Light...556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d413143c

Maybe Merry can sell it even cheaper here as there are no Ebay fees to pay ;)

Last edited:

Gun

Didn't know LaserLands had an account here.

Would you be able to post a link to this fine laser? :)

41865d1369207960-review-dohm-473nm-50mw-blue-dpss-laser-2.jpg

Don't people know by now that this isn't eh proper way to measure a laser's power?

sorry for the pictures, I took it by my cell phone camera--it is too old to get a clear picture:-:yh:;)
this is a lpm from a Chinese institution, it is really acurate.

firstly I am a fan of lasers. secondly I am a seller. I am happy that I do a job for what I like.

norbyx

Well I just bought this laser from laserlands will do a review as soon as I get it (fingers crossed it will get here)...

Gun

$200 for a 473nm is a pretty good price isn't it? Hoping to buy this in the near future :beer:

I am chomping at the bit for a 473! As it is, I will wait a little longer to see if the direct greens affect the prices of these more.

Things

Why would the direct greens effect the price? 473nm is blue :)

$200 is a friggin excellent price for this.

kilter

sorry for the pictures, I took it by my cell phone camera--it is too old to get a clear picture:-
this is a lpm from a Chinese institution, it is really acurate.

I think he meant that you're suppose to hold the laser a small distance away to get the correct power... but I'm not sure either.

Why would the direct greens effect the price? 473nm is blue :)

$200 is a friggin excellent price for this.

I don't think the effect of the direct green diodes popularity on the price of 473nm is going to be great. But, with great popularity of the 520nm driving a lack of demand for other wavelengths, combined with the increased pressure for lower prices on the 473nm diodes, and an possible increase in demand for the 473 diodes, will cause some pricing pressures on the 473 in the near to long term future. This is, of course, just a hypothesis.

$200 is a wonderful price, no doubt. But, what I would like to reserve my money for is an affordable 473nm handheld.

Things

You are correct in a way, however it also means once the "surplus" of pre-made lasers is gone, the prices will go up again as there won't be nearly as much demand to manufacture them. In reality there was never much of a market for 473nm except laser shows and a few other applications, so 473nm has remained relatively expensive.

I cannot argue in anyway. I am making the supposition that with the affordable 520s so available, there may be increased popularity in the market for the 473. That depends on the market, undoubtedly, and that is a fickle beast!