Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: O-Like Laser Clamp

3.jpg

(I was too lazy to take some pics so I will use this one)

Shipping
I bought this tripod about 6 days ago and it just arrived today. I do have the DX tripod and clamp to compare this to but no pics.

Quality and Operation
The Quality feels expensive, (That's because it is.) The Tripod and Clamp together from DX was 3 bucks but the shipping just sucked so bad from DX and O-Like was really fast.
I just love the feel of this tripod, it is all metal, no plastic. It has some sort of thing on the side and when turned (with force) clockwise the laser will lock in to place on the tripod and will not move. Turning it counter clockwise unlocks the laser and you are free to move it about. You can also turn some thing below the laser to make it go down in a certain direction. To set it up is a real pain in the a** I hate it. First of all you have to unscrew 2 screws on the top above where the laser is supposed to be, that right there is a real pain. Next you have to put a protector over you laser (must be a new or old style laser.) Not only that but you have to insert the laser inside the ring where the protector was, then screw the laser into the tripod with the protector over it. That is sooooooooo bad :mad: I hate it and I hate setting up. When I want to use my laser I usually don't use the tripod because its such a pain to put together and its also a pain to put it back together when you're not using it. I just say f*ck it when I want to use my laser with this tripod. With the DX one, you simply clamp your laser on to the clamp, you don't need to screw it in with a protector or anything, and guess what, when you lose those tiny screws, they're gone forever. Don't even bother looking for them because they are so small. So if you lose those screws or even 1, your tripod is nothing but f*cking garbage.

Conclusion
For 9 bucks, this thing is not too expensive and it's not too inexpensive. It's a mixture of both worlds. Simple operation and use is horrible, but the quality of this thing will make you want to keep it forever.

Quality: 10/10
Price: 6/10
Ease of Use: 2/10 (The 2 was for the way you can simply turn something to lock it in place and the way it stays locked.)