Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: o-like cute 300mW 650nm focusable

So got this in the same package as my 1w 445 the other day.. needless to say it's been on the back-burner.. but not because of quality. the laser in question is the Cute High power 300mW red laser torch/focusable [OL-CR-250] - $59.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Before I begin here's a few stats:

Output = > 306mW with LPM test by weidmark, video review here
Battery = 1 x cr123a 1.7v
Size = 22mm x 122mm
Duty cycle = unknown [gonna message Susie about that]

Well this is a nice compact little burner, beam goes a very long way too. feels nice and solid and the battery fits snugly in this one with no rattle. see size comparison with the battery..

4631-5.jpg

The end clicky is good quality same as on my 445.. no accidental activation here. and the focus ring has a good balance between too soft or too stiff.. it's not going to go out of focus if you knock it..

4628-2.jpg

The endcap fits nicely, no real risk of crossthreading [unless you've had a few :beer:] and once tightened as I said the battery doesn't move around inside.

4629-3.jpg

4630-4.jpg

The charger I'm using is meant for my 445 but it's fine just charging one battery at a time too.. I did have to raid a power lead from and old radio to get it plugged into UK 3pin sockets though, so unless you have the twopin type you'll have to raid or shop around for one.. batteries did come charged though.

4627-1.jpg

Burning = yes.. I've not done much of that with it yet but I did burn some sizeable holes in a black bin bag the other night from a distance of 1m+.. will try tonight and see just how far it will pop some balloons. will add some pics/vids of that tonight.

So is it a good laser? yes most definitely, and for the price you can't go wrong really. I can recommend this one for long distance pointing, and from my limited test so far for burning as well.. just make sure to add DHL shipping if you're impatient like me. thanks for reading :yh:

Last edited:

Nice review. I ordered one the other day, and your review makes me glad I did. Now I just have to wait patiently. I find that so difficult...

Nice review. I ordered one the other day, and your review makes me glad I did. Now I just have to wait patiently. I find that so difficult...

Cheers. I think you'll be pleased with it, very nice little laser. lol hope you chose DHL otherwise the next couple of weeks are gonna drag like hell.

Cheers. I think you'll be pleased with it, very nice little laser. lol hope you chose DHL otherwise the next couple of weeks are gonna drag like hell.

I have also ordered the "Cute High power 300mW red laser torch/focusable" from O-like on 01/27/11 with DHL, however they decided to send it with Hong Kong Express. They shipped my package on 01/28/11 and since 02/02/11 it's pending customs inspection...

Do you know how long usually takes a customs inspection at the U.S.?

Does anyone know that how effective is the "Red laser safety goggles/590-780nm protective goggles" offered by O-like?
Link:
Red laser safety goggles/590-780nm protective goggles [OLRLG650] - $14.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I have also ordered the "Cute High power 300mW red laser torch/focusable" from O-like on 01/27/11 with DHL, however they decided to send it with Hong Kong Express. They shipped my package on 01/28/11 and since 02/02/11 it's pending customs inspection...

Do you know how long usually takes a customs inspection at the U.S.?

Yeah I've read elsewhere that o-like have done that, hope they're not starting up a bad habit there. as for the customs inspection.. I can only tell you how long it took a UPS shipped laser to clear UK customs which was pretty much over night. I wouldn't worry though, o-like have 'ways' to get these things through as you'll see when you get the package :beer:

Same here. This is the one I've been eyeing. Good to hear it's pretty much up to spec and all.

Well as far as output goes I was only quoting what o-like says on their product description as I don't have an LPM yet.. output may well be higher than that, I'd be surprised if it was lower.