Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Lazerer LZTN - 532nm 30mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer

I got my 30mW 532nm pointer from Lazerer today! :wave: I thought I'd write up a quick review on while it's still new in my hand. I've heard nothing but good things about Lazerer so far, so I figured I'd give them a shot. This is my first review, so please be gentle with me.

The Price

The laser I bought is the LZTN - 532nm 30mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer. When I purchased it a couple weeks ago, I paid $14.99 (not bad at all), but since then been raised to $18.99. Guess is it pays to get in early. Still not a bad deal as far as I'm concerned for a 30mW laser guaranteed to be on spec.

Shipping and Packing

Shipping costs? FREE!

The package arrived from via air mail from Hong Kong in s small, padded, manilla envelope. It took 12 days to arrive, which is much better than I was expecting, to be honest. The customs declaration on the back classified it as a "gift" and a "flashlight".

ilzrbq.jpg

The laser came in a small plastic presentation box with a magnetic closure, and came complete with a battery and a keychain attachment. The keychain quality is mediocre at best, but it certainly could have been a lot worse.

1fhbgh.jpg

The Laser

The laser itself is pretty small at 9 cm. Very easy to pocket. The downside? There's no focus ring. It's not really a problem with this particular laser, but Lazerer also sells a 50 and 100mW green lasers in this same host, so don't plan on doing any burning if you plan on picking up one of those.

243q0qr.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have an LPM so I can so how close to spec the laser is, but it's pretty bright. I don't have any beam shots yet as it's still day time here, but I'll post some when I can. I can see the dot quite well though when I point it outside in the southern California sun.

fmv0wz.jpg

All in all, I'm very happy with the laser so far. They got it to me fairly quickly considering that it was shipped from China, and the price was very good IMO. I'd buy it again for sure.

Beamshots!

2ns6wzm.jpg

11vlbv4.jpg

96g503.jpg

Thanks, and let me know if I need to add anything.

Last edited:

Regardless what mW the laser is we still want to see Beam Shots.:wave:

Nice Review.:)

Well, I guess my camera isn't fancy enough to get a good exposure outside at night for a beam shot. I tried and no go. :( Going to have to make a trip down to the Halloween store to pick up some fog juice one of these days.

You need a tripod, or solid surface to put the camera on. Auto may work, but if you have a night shot even better. Lastly you have to set the 10 second timer, because there is no way to hold the camera still long enough not to blur the picture.

Maybe a video of it working too? Of just the dot or beam, I know it's harder to get a beam on video without the help of fog. :)

I think that second picture especially is a little over exposed. I had tons of smoke and it was taken with my phone. The beam looks a lot greener in person.

If it is actually 510nm, I'm selling it for one biiiiiillon dollars. :evil:

Cool- is the beam clearly visible outside in daylight/ cloudy conditions? !

Looks the one photo is in daylight.

Yep it looks visible in the day light in the photo, and so dose the baby right next to the chrome rims :yabbem:

Last edited:

It's usually not, although I haven't got to test it on a foggy morning yet. There was just a ton of fog billowing out of my garage when I opened it up, so I think that's why you could see it. Still, not bad I guess. I tried to repeat it again a few minutes later after the fog had dissipated a bit, but it didn't work as well.

Yep it looks visible in the day light in the photo, and so dose the baby right next to the chrome rims :yabbem:

Yeah, I tried to take him out with the laser, but he was much too agile and escaped. Don't worry though, I'll get him next time. :eg:

;)

j/k I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice a little kid in the picture. Don't worry, his mother was right out of frame and distracting him while I took the shot.

Last edited:
Your arsenal is bigger than mine right now. I've got orders in from 4 different suppliers - hoping at least one gets thru customs. I ordered some new stuff I didn't see reviews for yet. I'll try some reviews. Thanks for yours.

would you need to wear goggles when using this outside with the 100mw version

Probably not.

You've got to be smart and be aware of your surroundings. Are you pointing it into the sky or somewhere else that has no possibility of hitting you in the eyes? Then no, you don't need goggles. Are you going to be pointing at non-reflective surfaces? How are away are they?

Just be smart. 100mW will blind you.

Last edited: