Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Focalprice <200mW LP142B 54$ Green Laser

Hey folks!

Laser Product Review: LP142B Focalprice.com Green Laser Pointer

I didn't see any rules against this, though if you'd prefer me to post it directly in the forum I don't mind at all doing that too.

I just got this in the mail today and immediately wanted to do a review, as I plan on doing with all of my lasers.

Please offer any feedback of things you'd like to see in my reviews that I might be missing :)

I've found these cheap chargers don't make contact with the negative end of the battery. It's kind of angled from the edge of the battery. I had to wedge a penny in between the negative end and the charger for it to make contact.

If you didn't even get to charge the battery then you should of held off on a review. At least until you know you have a fresh battery in there and were totally sure it was fully charged. Or if the battery is just bad or the charger at least get a new one then do the review and mention that. Because it may be a totally fine laser.

Ahh - that might explain why the battery didnt' seem to be charging - I'll have to consider that and make sure that it's definitely charging properly.

About the review - I have no problem going back and updating it - I just wanted to get the basics laid out first, though I totally understand your suggestion and it makes sense.

I'd rather have a larger, more comprehensive review that is a work in progress than have a review that is too small but mostly complete :)

Thanks for the advice about the charger, I double-checked at the appropriate contact is being made, or it very much looks like it anyway. I'll reconfirm when I get home, to see the voltage of the battery and see if charging it actually helps!

Thanks!

umss

The host is veeery nice ;)
The laser stopped working.

Yes – it stopped working. I’ve had it maybe an hour, and 30 min of that were in the car going from the post office to where I work.
That's focal price.. :D Jai got a green which began to just output IR after something went wrong with the crystals not long after getting it :_:

Last edited:
Yeah - I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lesson Learned.

But you're right - I **DO** like the host. It's simple, but it works definitely. Someone else already mentioned that I could probably just get a laser module and hopefully if I can make it fit, then I have my own "custom" laser with a host that I liked when I purchased it.

umss

Could look around on there for nice hosts and just remove the crappy parts ;D
Although I have no idea how, someone here would be able to ^^