Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: 25$ Walmart Fog Machine

Okay so today I happened to be at walmart, I picked up a couple things and was ready to check out when I seen the halloween stuff. I remembered an LPF member a while ago mentioning he seen a cheap fog machine up at walmart so I thought I would look. When I got to the seasonal stuff where the main halloween section was I seen an end cap full of fog machines and the fog solution.

Fog Machine: $25

1/2 Gallon of solution:$10

I have wanted one of these for a while now, and I bought both today. I have never owned a fog machine or used one before so I can't compare.

Spec's

400W ( mini-silver )
5 ft. A/C Cord
5 ft. Remote Cord
Fogging Time - 40-60 seconds
Fog Output - 1,908 cu. ft. / Minute
Fuse - 125v/4a
Warm Up Time - 5-7 minutes ( actual time about 3 )
Tank Capacity - .318 Quart (300ml)

Dimensions = ( 9" L x 4 3/4" W x 4 3/8" H )

Design
Nice silver body design, small, and portable.

Performance
This thing fogs like crazy. I filled it up, let it heat until the green light on the remote turned on which was only about 3 minutes, and pressed it on for about 5 seconds. It released a ton of smoke. Now Im in a basement, that has glass block windows with the vents, and a screen door at the top of the stairs so I do have some ventilation. This little fogger had this basement full of smoke on about 7 total seconds of fogging. More than enough for some good laser pictures and fun. Making your solution stretch should be no problem.. A few quick bursts of smoke is all you need.

Bottom Line

This is a must buy. For 25$ it is simply amazing. Just run up to your local walmart, find the halloween section, buy the solution for 10$ and start having fun. Makes taking pictures and videos that much more fun. When I seen the beamshots using my 150mW red pen, it was no doubt the brightest I have seen it. I never knew the color was that beautiful.. My new CNI 473nm (hats off to Glenn) was intense as well, the 473nm wavelength is by far my favorite. The optotronics 150 simply doesn't need fog, but was cool never the less.

I snapped some shots, nothing too great. I wanted to do this review to remind every one looking for a fog machine, or thats ever wanted one, now is the time since this item is seasonal. BTW Don't mind the messy place.

Attachments

• DSC00721.JPG
    DSC00721.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,384
  • DSC00723.JPG
    DSC00723.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 2,797
  • DSC00724.JPG
    DSC00724.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,105
  • DSC00725.JPG
    DSC00725.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,136
  • DSC00726.JPG
    DSC00726.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,247
  • DSC00729.JPG
    DSC00729.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 4,806
  • DSC00734.JPG
    DSC00734.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 3,039
  • DSC00733.JPG
    DSC00733.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,371

Nice review! I might have to pick up one of these. I wonder if they'll go on clearance after Halloween?

Things

Nice review. 400W is a little on the low side for power, but for general use around the home, $25 is a steal!

I paid $100 for my fog machine about 7 years ago. I've only ever had to replace the pump once, still works fine.

I have the same one, but in black. Picked mine up for 30 including two gallons of fog juice at a store called "The Party Tree" Works like a charm!

Thanks for the comments. Just thought I'd bring this buy to everyones attention. The pics don't really do the fog justice though, I literally gave it one burst of fog. I have used it twice now, and have used about 3 tablespoons of fluid at the most, so it go's a long way.

-Greg

If you cannot find one on clearance after Halloween at Wallyworld try the bigger drugstores like Walgreens etc. The always seem to mark stuff down a lot-- but I would be on top of it by checking BEFORE the last miinute to see how much -how many and when they will start the markdown. Some do a 25% the first day after and bump it up after that. I actully saw one in a somewhat tattered box(but otherwise good condition) for under 15$ a few years back. Good luck. BTW dont expect a top quality one for that price. A little juice can go a long way and you can make your own as well.--Hak---

$25 isn't bad though.. Especially versus buying online and paying for shipping. If they clearance em i'll have to buy a few more.

-Greg

Nice review! I might have to pick up one of these. I wonder if they'll go on clearance after Halloween?

You can always hide one till after the holiday LOL....:eg:

No J/K so save the flames. Usually if you buy something, and it goes on sale within 30 days, they will refund you the difference if you have the receipt.

Last edited:
Haha yea, it may as well be my homepage. Im gonna play around some more tonight, Im really gonna smoke this place out and Ill take some more pics. The place looks way better today, I had laser stuff scattered everywhere that night.