Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review - „4000mW“ Taobao 532nm laser

DJNY

I took the gamble and ordered a laser from TAOBAO. The order was handled by a now banned member (read more here).

THE LASER
I didn´t expect much, just a working laser in a host I haven´t owned before. Paid $55 + $6 shipping + $6 handling fee - $70 total incl PP fees. The laser case included a 18650 batt, a charger and the laser itself. The laser if focusable, has a rotary shutter (like the PGL-III-A) and a safety key lock. A blue LED shows when the key is in ON-position. The LED is (gladly) more decent compared to order LED indicators we know (VIASHO f.e.).

SHIPPING
The whole process from ordering to the receive took a bit less than 3 weeks. Communication was fine during the time Laserhunt wasn´t banned. Got a PP notification when the laser was sent out including tracking. The laser came in a solid white case, wrapped in chinese communism propaganda pages taken from a book, and a solid carton around.

POWER
Average power is between 68-70mW, peak at 73mW. Very stable and just 5mW IR in the output. Laser is able to pop balloons and light matches.

PICS

The box containing laser, 18650 battery, 2 keys and a charger (not in this picture)

Labeled as <4000mW :rolleyes:

Rotary shutter for safety and for dust cover

VIDS
Can be watched in HD 720p

Beam focused into the "flashlight direction" - no smoke in the room

Igniting a black colored match

Overall experience
It´s quite nice laser. $1/mW, and the lowest IR I ever measured at my greenies. Shutter is a big + for me, also that it is focusable in both ways. I also want to thank the guy who ordered me the laser. He turned out to be honorable and a man of his word!

Last edited:

There are actually lots of these stuff/hosts on aliexpress. Too many to actually choose or know which ones are decent. LOL!

jakeGT

Hey, a dollar per milliwatt for an IR filtered greenie is a good deal in my book! No complaints here, I think you made out quite well!

What? You're kidding? It's not really 4W for $70.00. I'm shocked! :)

jakeGT

Yes, just to clear things up, My first post was a joke :) I didn't really expect 4W for $70 to be realistic, now 1W of IR filtered 532, definitely ;) <<< Once again, just joking :)

jakeGT

Too bad homeboy had to create multiple accounts. IF these were consistent $1 per 1mW IR filtered greens running around, I would certainly take one.

I tried to navigate their website, but I don't speak japanese

DJNY

He also posted chinese signs for the wavelengths with english translations for us helping us to navigate on the page...

I still vote for unbanning this guy.

jakeGT

I think he should make another account, but with at a different place with different IP and name and what not haha.
Just kidding. I think he should have another chance, especially if he turns out to be like john from price angels, he would be a real asset to the forum

I would vote to unban him as he seems to want to help the members, maby he didn't understand it was wrong to have two accounts ?

DJNY

Except of the fact that he created two accounts, he was very helpful. I say "unban him and if he creates an other account again - perma ban"

Now we need enough people to ask Ave.