Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reselling Rayfoss Lasers AND lieing about output!?!?

Ash

Wow. Is that false advertising? They are stating that a 500mW has a range of 150 miles, and a 300mW can go 100 miles. . :tsk:
I have never seen any data that would support such a claim. Maybe the "mile" is different in the UK :confused:. LOL

I've seen threads on here about a 350mW being seen by telescope at 35 miles, but I think 100 miles might be stretching it.
Although in very dry, very clear air it is possible to monitor a few incoming photons at that distance.(maybe a few K's)
So technicality it is not a exaggeration. The beam can be detected at 100-150 miles.
But without high $$$$ equipment, the average person will never see it.

Last edited:
yes, i would like to see where in the world they went where you can see something 150 miles away....

yes, i would like to see where in the world they went where you can see something 150 miles away....
Mountaintop to Mountaintop would be the only way. Line of sight on level ground is only about 2.9 miles. However from a height of only 300' it increases to 22 miles, and so on.
From atop Mt. Everest you could see the top of another 29,000 foot peak about 400 miles away.

Last edited:
alright, well when they post a video of them climbing a mountain, and shining that laser at another mountain just 100 miles away, and can prove you can see it i will immediatly go and buy one of their lasers. until then ill stick with the more reputable dealers...

Morgan

QUOTE=Greenmechanic;666894]
...From atop Mt. Everest you could see the top of another 29,000 foot peak about 400 miles away.
[/QUOTE]

... I think you may have trouble with this one seeing as there are no other 29,000 foot peaks! 400 miles or not! :rolleyes: (Just ribbing ya! Went there last year so it's still topical for me.)

I almost feel I should apologise for that company as it's UK based but I won't. It may be worth getting in touch and seeing if they will do a gauranteed output sale and then do a test. Might get the measure of their products. Could get bitten if it turned out to be spot on though! £395 would be a big hit to take for that 0.5W but 79p/mw ain't bad.

Edit: I actually won't be asking for anything from this site. Any site telling me that their latest technology, "Blue", lasers output 120mW of 405nm and uses a 1watt diode, (I assume that's the pump diode, right?!!! :tinfoil:[ ), isn't worth messing with. High power laser pointers. red, 808nm, 405nm blue - violet.

M
:)

Last edited: