Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Required Parts for Laser Field Effect?

IsaacT

Okay, I want my own laser field. I have a room, a bunch of hobby mirrors, and a green laser....although I may replace that with a module in the future so I can continue using my current green laser in its current capacity of
whatever-I-want-it-to-do. :p So I need to figure out the best way to mount them on my wall and I also need to find a good tripod for it. For this, I need your help.

Do any of yall know how to best mount mirrors on walls?
Do any of you know of a really good, cheap tripod that would work well for a laser?
And lastly, do any of you know a good cheap source for Front Surface mirrors? It just occured to me that the beam might start looking rather ugle if it keeps sending two reflections. :undecided:

Thanks!
Isaac

For mounting the mirrors you want a putty adhesive (if you own your house :p )
because it allows a wide degree of movement and you can put a blob on one side and not the other to uneven the mirror to make sharper angles around the room in any direction.

Remember, you want to mark the exact position of the laser when you start to align the mirrors, one little movement of the laser and the dot will move enough to miss the mirrors and not complete your field you just installed :p

I made one these when I was younger so I knew when an adult was coming up stairs to my room hehe, just glad no one noticed the dot on there stomach, I used a simple store bought red laser pointer.

Cheech

This would be tits

Slow geared motors,9v battery, pack of mirrors from craft store, bunch O'lasers

Last edited:

IsaacT

Ya, I love that song too....when I get mine working I will have to be play that song while I maneuver it.

BTW there are many ways to make a alarm circuit, this whole project can be done with radioshack parts, many different ways.

IsaacT

Thanks for the link! I kept looking up Laser Field and did not even THINK to use alarm as a keyword. +1!

That's what happens when I bother to search for something on Google for someone. I type their exact search request and post one of the top search results. For some reason they're surprised...

That's what happens when I bother to search for something on Google for someone. I type their exact search request and post one of the top search results. For some reason they're surprised...

hahaha you have no clue how many times I've said google is your friend since I was 12 and did the same thing.

Thanks for the link! I kept looking up Laser Field and did not even THINK to use alarm as a keyword. +1!

no problem, I'm just glad the internet is finally complete enough now days to find it so easy. when I made this circuit years ago I had to have my dad use his electrical engineering degree and help me design a circuit like this.
it's like everything I wished there was on the internet when I was a kid is now.. it's so cool. when I started with lasers there wasn't a constant current driver circuit easily available to me. I went off to make my own, till one day much later I found the DDl circuit here on this forum.