Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

reputable company to buy a 10-20 mw green

Hi all, I'm looking into getting my first >5 mw laser, I don't want one too powerful so I want to limit it at 20 but preferably 10 mw. I live in the east coast of the US and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations as to a reliable company with good quality lasers that will ship to me. Thanks.

DJNY

There are many companies around shipping to the US. Look around in the Green Section of this forum. Anyway, how many $$ are you ready to spend?

Well I never really took cost into consideration since I figured a 10-20 mw green shouldn't break the bank. To give an answer to the question though up to 100 USD.

DJNY

Viper Series 35mW Green Laser Pointer :: Green Laser Pointer ----- 532nm Laser ----- Viper Series Lasers :: Handheld Lasers :: Dragon Lasers

New cute pocket Green laser 50mW /adjustable [OLCGL50] - $34.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Optotronics Product Details

Notice: If you already have a 5mW cheap greenie, theses 5mW are likely to have >20mW output. So there won´t be a different in power next to the recommendations I gave you above, but in building quality and output stability.

Viper Series 35mW Green Laser Pointer :: Green Laser Pointer ----- 532nm Laser ----- Viper Series Lasers :: Handheld Lasers :: Dragon Lasers

New cute pocket Green laser 50mW /adjustable [OLCGL50] - $34.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Optotronics Product Details

Notice: If you already have a 5mW cheap greenie, theses 5mW are likely to have >20mW output. So there won´t be a different in power next to the recommendations I gave you above, but in building quality and output stability.

Thanks I'll give one of them a try. As for my cheap one I have I have to admit it's a lot weaker than I expected but I'm not very experienced in comparing them so maybe it is.

I would recommend NOVAlasers.com (x-series) or Dragonlasers' Viper series.

Don't buy from rayfoss/o-like if you want something of good quality.
If your budget is ~$100, get one from Dragon or Nova.
Quality is far superior to the cheap sites and it will last you much longer.

Nova is located in Canada and shipping is very fast. I've never done business with Dragonlasers, but I hear good things about them also. And their products are from the same manufacturer (CNI).

DJNY

Thanks I'll give one of them a try. As for my cheap one I have I have to admit it's a lot weaker than I expected but I'm not very experienced in comparing them so maybe it is.

As RA suggested, if you´re looking for quality, go with CNI manufactured products (LASERGLOW, NOVA, DRAGONLASERS). The JETLASERS pen style laser should be also fine for your budget. You can contact them for custom output. Here is the host: ¤Jetlasers B Ti Laser Pointers with Waterproof Focusable Features at Jet Lasers, the world's only Titanium laser pointers

As for the visibility difference, I´m just working on a comparison here
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/green-laser-comparison-5mw-50mw-220mw-400mw-57264.html#post809666

I can personally recommend Novalasers, Laserglow (both related in some way I think), and Dragonlasers.

Customer service and quality are superb. I've bought three X-Series from Novalasers, one Aries from Laserglow, and two Spartan 1W's from Dragonlasers.

Service and product quality were top class with each purchase.

These three companies are the only one's I personally consider to have quality as their main goal, and their prices reflect this.

I also hear that Optotronics are really well regarded.