Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Replacement for soldering iron?

What's the difference between my iron and those 10$ irons? They both heat up the tip and melt the solder...?

So does a candle flame...

:thinking: I'm not 100% sure that you are not just Trolling...:undecided:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

@OP Yes that wood burning iron will work as a soldering iron if you have nothing else. However as daguin said it will NOT be ESD protected and there's a possible chance you could kill your diodes with it. These irons are also NOT temperature regulated so you might even kill your diode with heat. Not to mention the tip is not tinned and your solder may not flow well.

It looks to me like you just want to use something to solder with a few times and that's it. If that's the case then its fine.

However if you want something that is a bit more durable and much more reliable buy an aoyoe system as Blord suggested. I own one and it works GREAT!

You're kidding... right...

Why not use a candle on a stick....:undecided:

Jerry

Now that gave me the best chuckle of the day:beer:

Why not sell the wood burner on ebay and use the funds to get a proper iron.
The size of the tip on the burner, you could use it as a spade to dig your garden:yh:

Re: solder, get some thin 0.5mm solder. Solder paste comes in useful too for SMT work.

ATB
MM

Now that gave me the best chuckle of the day:beer:

Why not sell the wood burner on ebay and use the funds to get a proper iron.
The size of the tip on the burner, you could use it as a spade to dig your garden:yh:

Re: solder, get some thin 0.5mm solder. Solder paste comes in useful too for SMT work.

ATB
MM

The tip on mine is very small :p