Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Repairing/tweaking my 250mw 532nm laser pointer.

Hi, i got this pen from a mate, i live in uk.

I had a problem the other day when the button lost its click, i took it to pieces and reassembled, it does now work, but whyen i shine it into the night sky, i can now see a cone like glow of light coming of the beam, and it doesnt look as long,

i have adjusted the end (i know this is the problem) i can see the minutest tweak makes a differance.

My question really is, whats the best way to tweak it, and alos what solutions/fabrics do you recomend for cleaning?

Thanks for any response.

Side not, i also have a 2000MW (yes, 2k) IR laser, frankly, its shit, will just about mark plastic at a foot or so, can i make this better?

First of all, do you have appropriate laser safety goggles for both 532nm and IR? If not, you must or you will do serious, irreversible damage to your eyes.

Regards,

Glenn

I think i have it ajusted nicely now, looks a lot better. just trial and error...

And no, i have no goggles <.<, whats a good cheap site that would ship a pair to uk?

(dare say ill have googled this b4 a reply, but hey)

Be careful as green lasers use an infra red (invisible) laser of higher power and shoot it into a crystal that produces the green color. So if it is misaligned, you could be staring at an invisible, high powered laser that can damage your vision very rapidly.

i also have a 2000MW (yes, 2k) IR laser, frankly, its shit, will just about mark plastic at a foot or so, can i make this better?

And no, i have no goggles

You are using a 2W IR laser without goggles? ARE YOU NUTS?

I am :cryyy: for your eyes.

Buy goggles from here Immediately.

To your question, if your 2W IR laser is focusable it can be a burning monster up to 1 meter distance. If it is not focusable, it will burn only at its focal point which will be somewhere between few centimeters and 100 centimeters from the aperture.